Current Job Openings
El Dorado, AR
- Per diem offered (for non-local candidates only)
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: About 4 months
The Buyer administers all aspects of procurement from needs identification to commitment and payment to ensure uninterrupted flow of quality goods and services while minimizing total costs. Bids, negotiates and completes purchase orders supporting the business. Identifies process improvements such as increased standardization, purchase order consolidation, cycle time reduction, and improvement in payment terms. Monitors and mitigates supply chain risks for continuous and reliable operations. Liaises between the business and suppliers in resolution of significant pricing, delivery, quality, or other issues.
- Purchases materials, equipment, and services for maintenance, repairs and operation of the business, and in the best interests of company. Serves as company representative in committing funds up to assigned level of authority.
- Creates purchase orders and agreements. Ensures transactions are managed in seamless process from order entry through invoice payment. Maintains supporting documentation for all purchases.
- Utilizes practices such as RFQ, bid analysis, and negotiation to ensure maximized value from expenditures. Seeks new practices and methods to increase value of services.
- Liaises with other procurement and legal professionals to assure that contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk. Evaluates competitive bids and quotations. Negotiates agreements that achieve lowest cost for materials balanced against optimum quantity, reliability and on-time delivery metrics. Maintains awareness of current market conditions, new products and supply sources for assigned commodities, new technologies, and methods that enhance value of purchasing process.
- Identifies key purchasing criteria for each material or service being sourced. Evaluates with suppliers to determine factors that affect price and availability. Performs market analysis and utilizes standardized criteria in identification and selection of potential sources of supply.
- Supports development of estimates by obtaining proposals for materials and services needed in support of operations and capital projects.
- Receives and reviews purchase requisitions for materials and services for completeness and proper level of approval. Issues and tracks purchase commitments to ensure timely delivery and acceptable performance by suppliers.
- Proficiency in total life cycle cost or other commercial analysis and process improvement methods utilized to support company initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration required.
- CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years as a Buyer / Procurement Specialist in support of Energy sector (Midstream Oil & Gas, refining or petrochemical facilities preferred).
- Extensive experience with SAP, Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft Office products
El Dorado, AR