Current Job Openings
Our Client is a leading provider of Industrial Construction and Mechanical Services in the West.
They are looking for an Estimator (mainly piping) in Riverside, CA.
Prepares complete estimates for bidding, budgeting, scope changes, etc. as directed by President and Division VP. The ideal candidate will work with the Underground Utility groups for dry utilities, including transmission/distribution gas and electrical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, existing site conditions and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work.
- Review and prepare bid documentations required for submittal, i.e. special insurance, bonds, DBE, etc.
- Coordinate scope of work with Project Manager and Subcontractors
- Interfaces with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work; includes all materials, labor, equipment and sub-contractors.
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimates figures
- Prepare budgets and assist in creating preliminary project schedules following awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, monitor progress, cost/budget, revenue, etc..
- Coordinate with P.O. Manager to create purchase orders for each project.
- Coordinates the implementation of subcontracts with the Contract Manager
- Follows all requirements of the company safety program.
- Promotes safety among peers, subordinates and supervisors
- Performs additional assignments as directed by the Project Manager
4-year engineering or construction management degree preferred or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience required.
LICENSE: Possess or ability to obtain a valid class C California driver's license
Proven experience in effectively estimating similar construction projects.
5-8 years of estimate experience
Strong background in writing, presentation, and computer skills required
Thorough knowledge of construction procedures, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required
Compensation: Rate $60.00 - $75.00 hourly DOE
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer