Current Job Openings
- Review designs of various electrical distribution systems of varying size and complexity completed by junior staff as well as mentor and train.
- Activities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Detailed design and budgetary estimates.
- Equipment specification, proposal evaluation and requisitioning.
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Acquisition of on-site measurements and other field data to accomplish the design or enable the evaluation of equipment performance.
- Responsible for distribution design and engineering in client's geographic information systems (GIS) and work management systems (WMS) as required.
- Checking completed job for adequacy of design and documentation.
- Mentor and train entry level staff.
- Review design and documentation of entry level staff.
- Monitor the construction of various electrical distribution systems as assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor construction work to ensure conformance with project design plans and specifications.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with applicable engineering and construction codes and practices.
- Aid in evaluation and approval of contractor's invoices.
- Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to management.
- Serve as project coordinator or project engineer on assigned projects.
- Promote efficient flow of information and ensure complete and accurate record keeping.
- Be familiar with the company's design/drawing system, ANSI standards, National Electrical Safety Code, General Order 95, and the company's and client's design and construction standards.
- Able to navigate and review within PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE.
- Shall keep informed of current developments in the area of responsibility.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
- Perform other department duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related.
- 8+ years' experience in the transmission or distribution engineering field
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Line and Structure modeling for computer aided and design development, PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE.
- Proficiency with NESC and/or GO95.
- Familiarity with industry codes standards and practices for electric utility practice.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to lead.
- Attention to detail.
About PTS Advance:
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position'.
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a discussion!