Current Job Openings
Sr. Systems Specialist/Developer
Mont Belvieu, Texas (On-site)
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and PTO
- Pay rate: $77-83
- Estimated Start Date: April 2022
- Duration: 6+ months
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Specialist who will provide technical / analytical system support for their commercial business systems supporting mid-office, back-office, and field positions for certain liquid transportation functionality (shipper agreements, contracts and tariffs, scheduling, measurement, distribution, accounting, movement and material balance reconciliation, etc.).
This position will work as a part of a support team and provide technical assistance to key business users and IT peers, deliver coded solutions for enhancements and new functionality as well as provide technical application and project support for moderately complex, custom developed system(s), modules, etc.
- Work directly with our clients' business users and vendors to deliver high-value technical solutions and capabilities in support of changing business requirements, new business initiatives, and general application support services.
- Assist with performing systems analysis for projects of major scope and various complexities to provide a means for solving technical and business-related problems/challenges.
- Support existing business application(s) by troubleshooting issues, analyzing possible cause, defining solutions, and working through defined change control processes to enable quick resolution.
- Work directly with end users and business analysts to understand new/changing business requirements and functional enhancements as requested.
- Assist architects with technical specifications and develop solutions in support of business requirements.
- Assist in coordinating end user support by timely acknowledgement and logging of reported impediments and completion of initial bug triage and assessments.
- Acquire and maintain system and business knowledge needed to support both end users and other internal or external technical teams.
- Prepare and present status updates for current work tasks, share any blocking items, and provide accurate estimates for work efforts and completion dates.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a 4-year accredited university, or 5 years of related industry experience or equivalent technical experience (Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or Management Information Systems (MIS) degree is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Information Technology specific to application development and support
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting SQL-based applications is required.
- 3+ years working directly with software vendors to deliver high value system projects is preferred.
- Experienced in SQL database, Visual Studio, and Microsoft SSRS with strong project and business analyst skills.
- Experience with Angular is a plus.
We are actively interviewing for this role, please send your resumes to Samantha.Turrubiartes@PTSAdvance.com.