Current Job Openings
The VP of Resource leads the team responsible for reservoir management, exploration, and evaluation of acquisitions. This includes all geoscience and reservoir engineering staff focused on 6 operating fields in four states and geothermal explorations projects in the western US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Resource team with focus on maximizing long term generation and prioritizing activities toward company growth
- Manage and supervise geoscience and reservoir engineering teams
- Evaluate and drive existing project expansion and exploration of new sites
- Ensure accuracy in resource team's monthly review and annual reporting, interpretations, and recommendations
- Evaluate data and recommend changes to production and injection strategy to optimize power output
- Contribute to and manage project resource reporting for all projects
- Assist in due diligence for acquisition projects and investor opportunities
- Manage reservoir geologic and numerical modeling for all project
- Develop, evaluate and adjust improvement plans for resources in need of improvement
- Work with team to develop exploration plans for development projects and project expansions
- Manage R&D projects and partners at company sites
- Other duties as needed and assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory, accurately and safely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven ability to build a team, set goals, and lead team to achieve company goals
- Demonstrated understanding of Geological analysis and reservoir management
- Ability to effectively communicate with investors, regulators, and the public about geothermal energy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Organize and lead group discussions and workshops, encouraging input from all group members
- Maintain regular business working hours in office setting
- Be available for evenings and weekends as necessary
- Able to travel up to 25% with sometimes short notice
- Able to work outside in hot or cold weather conditions
- Able to sit, for long periods of time
- Able to stand, twist, stoop/bend, squat, kneel, crawl, reach, push, pull, and climb stairs or ladders
- Able walk moderate distances
- Able to view computer monitor screen and mobile device items for prolonged periods of time
- BS in Engineering or Geoscience, required, MS of PHD preferred
- 5 + years' experience leading teams in geothermal resource development and reservoir management
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Professional and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Personnel and project management skills.