Current Job Openings
Pasadena, TX & Texas City, TX
- Direct Hire
- Schedule: 9/80 (every other Friday off)
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Estimated Start Date: March 2022
The Analyzer Specialist is responsible for the two Gulf Coast plants' analyzer equipment and reliability. The role supports execution of long- and short-term capital projects on the Gulf Coast Units, assists in planning and execution for styrene unit turnarounds, supports the electrical and analyzer functions, provides technical knowledge to mechanical and process engineering groups, and provides analyzer expertise to site management.
- Troubleshoot analyzer issues and implement improvements to optimize analyzer run time and reliability
- Provide technical expertise, training, and troubleshooting assistance to analyzer technicians
- Participate in the development, budgeting, and execution of small capital projects on the styrene unit. This will include generating formal and controlled work procedures and packages for implementation, collection and review of bids and supervising construction to ensure proper and cost effective project implementation.
- Provide work packages for, supervise installation of, and prioritize and coordinate resources between projects for unit turnaround work. The work packages generated for projects will include installation, startup, and operating procedures, manuals, and technical drawings for the applicable contract and proprietary maintenance forces, ensuring proper project implementation.
- Supervise and assist maintenance in identifying and correcting faults in a wide range of analyzer equipment, including: CEMS, process gas chromatographs and gas detection systems to support uninterrupted unit operation.
- Provide direction and constraints on analyzer work regarding local policies and engineering practices and continually update these policies and practices based on governing standards (NEC, OSHA, API, ANSI) to ensure personnel safety and equipment longevity.
- Work with automation to insure reliable and uninterrupted communication between equipment and DCS.
- Oversee analyzer Preventive Maintenance program and lead long term analyzer improvement initiatives and design
- Create, review and approve specifications for new analyzer installations
- Identify and mitigate Bad Actors by either implementing proper maintenance techniques or replacement systems when needed
- Lead and participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Support environmental improvements correcting existing deficiencies and meeting all government regulations
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with the operation and maintenance of analyzer systems in the refining, petrochemical, or manufacturing industries; 10+ years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of analyzer, instrumentation, motors, motor controls, control valves, MOV's, PLC's, and discrete relaying
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, both predictive and preventive
- Contractor management and project development skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints and microfiche
- High level of troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- MS software including spreadsheets and databases (initiate and maintain)
- RCA/Failure analysis
- Knowledge of MOC, OSHA electrical safety requirements, NEC and applicable IEEE specifications, electrical API and ANSI standards