Our client is a leading provider of services to the oil & gas industry, with a focus specifically on pioneering technological innovations that are proven to improve the efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of their global customer base. Their patented performance barrier technologies have pushed the boundaries in materials science, engineering, and manufacturing, resulting in our client becoming a renowned global leader within their sector. Their customers include all the main energy operators, several of whom are key investors in their Company.
Their business continues to expand year on year, and they now have offices in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and the Middle East, with additional international locations planned to open in the coming year. As their customer base continues to grow, the need to add ambitious and experienced personnel to their Business Development team is a key element in their expansion plans.
The Business Development Manager will be based in their Houston location, with responsibility for expanding their revenue stream within the US market and specifically in the Gulf of Mexico region. Therefore, experience and an existing network within this region will be key to the success in the role.
Main activities & Responsibilities:
· Networking within the target regions
· Building and maintaining a network of key customers and prospects
· Managing all aspects of business development process
· Participating in the development of the regional sales plan
· Reporting on sales/networking activity and provide relevant weekly management information including CRM system updates
· Producing technical presentations to customers
· Providing highest level of service to ensure projects are delivered on time and quality, along with colleagues from other departments within the business
· Ensuring all reports and records are accurate and complete
· Promote a culture of continuous improvement within your sales team
· Ability to frequently travel within the US as the business dictates
· Must have the ability to continuously oversee operations relating to your ongoing contracts
· Minimum 5 years' sales experience in a similar role is required
· Minimum 5 years' experience in the oil & gas sector
· Individual must be prepared for additional duty hours to cater for operational excellence
· High level knowledge of downhole tools/well interventions is essential
· Must be team driven and motivated and have a strong leadership quality
· Must have Good Communication & interpersonal skills and coaching abilities for less experienced colleagues
· Commercial Awareness
· Self-motivated and service minded promoting positive customer experience