Current Job Openings
Our client is a multi-discipline engineering and environmental consulting firm assisting public and private clients to plan, develop, design, construct, and maintain critical infrastructure projects around the United States.
They are currently looking for Construction Resident Engineers/Construction QA/QC Specialists for construction projects in Riverside, Escondido and San Diego starting December 2022.
This position is responsible for supervising the Contractor's electrical, civil, and mechanical work according to the Client's target for Project Budget-Schedule-Quality for the projects.
The main tasks under the Construction Monitoring services are as follows:
- Construction progress monitoring and reporting
- Construction and materials logistics surveillance
- QA/QC monitoring during construction
- Commissioning supervision
This position carries out daily inspections and evaluations of the electrical and mechanical work performed by the Contractor regarding fulfillment of the detailed Project design and addresses and resolves construction technical issues and is responsible for reviewing EPC's contractor performance in this area.
The detailed list of activities is as follows:
- Understand and clarify the responsibilities and guarantees of the Contractor.
- Monitor Contractor's construction work for compliance with contractual requirements and applicable permits, laws, and regulations.
- Provide QA/QC monitoring services. Perform random quality inspections to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Perform field engineering as required to support project execution and evaluate engineering solutions/execution alternatives provided by the Contractor to specific construction issues.
- Attend project review meetings and provide support to the Construction Manager in managing Contractor work and resolving issues arising therefrom.
- Support Owner's project management activities, including review of Contractor's monthly reports and providing information and engineering opinion to perform schedule analysis.
- Monitor Contractor start-up, commissioning, and testing activities to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Verify that as-built drawings are according to execution.
- Monitor completion of any punch list items by Contractor.
- Transmit to the Off-Site engineering team those deviations that require specialized attention for resolution, collect corresponding reports, and discuss resolution actions with the Owner and Contractors for implementation.
- Witness Plant sub-system testing (electrical and mechanical), evaluate test conditions per existing testing procedures, and verify the fulfillment of test results per acceptability criteria.
- Document test reports for QA/QC Owner ́s representative.
- Responsible for the supervision of the execution of power distribution systems, instrumentation and controls, standby generators and automatic transfer systems, lighting systems, earthing systems, lightning protection systems, trackers and battery storage systems.
- Be able to monitor and audit safety programs.
- Be qualified in IT (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Autocad, Procore).
Job Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering/Construction or Civil Engineering or related field.
- PE or ability for PE license is a plus
- Knowledge of low, medium, and high voltage systems, transmission, overhead lines, and substations. Civil construction knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Minimum of 6 years of Construction Management experience
- Expert in construction supervision and design of large renewable energy projects.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!