Current Job Openings
Pressure Relief Device Calculation Resource
King of Prussia, PA
- Travel Required: About 50% of the time spent at different sites in the northeast
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 1-2 years
The PRD Calculation Resource will work on closing pressure relief device calculation gaps in order to improve process safety and audit compliance. Scope of role will include acquiring data though proposing remediation solutions for any deficiencies.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Acquire input information
- Collect site information such as equipment files, PIDs, U1s, nameplates, kinetic data.
- Prepare field information needed such as isometric sketches, piping diagrams, etc.
- Digest information from safety studies, such as PHA scenarios.
- Recommendations any necessary physical property lab work, such as ARC, DCS or VSP.
Perform scenario assessment
- Create scenario list relevant to the valve cross referencing PHA and any other needed documents.
- Gain approval from Client process owner for scenarios to be calculated
- Assess 2 phase flow scenarios
- Using Aspen or other approved software
- Document using Client or other approved calculation sheets
- Make recommendations for any more complex analysis, such as dynamic simulation
Approvals and Closure
- Gain final approval
- Close documentation and handover to plant
Prepare process engineering packages for remediation
- Red line P&ID
- Valve sizing and selection
- Necessary piping or other modification (isometric)
- Alternative solutions such as HIPS (high integrity protection system -aka instrumentation alternative)
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Training on two phase flow methodology.
- More than 2 years industrial experience, some of which could have been obtained in co-op positions.
King of Prussia, PA
PRD Calculation Resource / Engineer