Current Job Openings
The Contract Lead will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and contracting in support of non-hydrocarbon, 3rd party (indirect) spend. The role directly executes contracting and sourcing activity to ensure the safe, reliable, cost-effective delivery of goods and services in alignment with Company's strategic objectives and corporate growth plans. Is responsible for executing on Supply Chain strategy by optimizing spend, leveraging the supply base, minimizing risk, and ensuring compliance to regulatory standards to meet the needs of Company US. Specifically, accountable for execution and delivery for sourcing, contracting and procurement activities for categories such as DCS (Distributed Control Systems), new technology and innovation related hardware and software (AI, IoT, SaaS), and other materials and services associated with support of Refining or Midstream operations. The Contract Lead is responsible for effective management & execution of all ad-hoc contract requests and processing of purchase orders in SAP, while maintaining high level of service to the stakeholders.
• Supports Company's central Refining and Midstream groups to manage spend, reduce risk, and create a competitive advantage by optimizing total cost of ownership. Constantly seeks and identifies opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
• Manages contracting activity for a portfolio of spend categories to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit from supply chain improvements and strategic initiatives.
• Execution of strategic & tactical sourcing processes (RFP, RFI, RFx) for 3rd party non-hydrocarbon spend, incorporating local market intelligence, conducting sourcing events, bid evaluations, commercial negotiations, supplier selection and contract award & execution.
• Conducts contract negotiations & redlines for all new agreements, contract expirations and renewals, while ensuring accuracy and completeness of the contract development and execution process.
• Develops and implements clear and concise supply contracts, aligned with contract templates and considering all legal and commercial dimensions, including remuneration mechanisms, key risks (supply, commercial, legal), and exit strategies.
• Reviews contract performance and ensure compliance with contract pricing, terms and conditions and service levels. Assists with Supplier Performance Management to minimize contract value leakage and ensure contract compliance.
• Ensure appropriate contract files and managed and maintained in accordance with the Contract Administration process, document retention policy and audit activity.
• Ensure stakeholders understand all key terms and conditions of an agreement, including business risk, commercial implications and commitments made, prior to contract execution. Outlines any deviations to Company's standard templates, including Terms and Conditions.
• Execute tactical activities associated with P2P, to place Purchase Orders, assist Stakeholders with Requisition inquiries, billing issues, dispute resolutions, by interacting with Accounts Payable and Legal as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum BS/BA degree in Supply Chain, Business, or relevant field.
• Masters or MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in procurement, supply chain, commercial, business, or relevant area
• Minimum 3 years in sourcing and contracting
• Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience in SAP
• Ability to negotiate and redline contracts, with the intent of maximizing value and minimizing risk, as well as, liaise with Legal and vendors to execute agreements.
• Must be agile with confidence and speed in execution.
• Excellent influencing, negotiation and analytical skills are required
• Supportive and hands-on, able to act independently
• A strong collaborator across the business, Supply Chain and other support Functions
• Makes decisions with good judgment, taking responsibility and delivering of results.
• Can deal with ambiguity, showing strong self-confidence and determination.
• Applies strong personal integrity and has a high service orientation.
• SAP, Ariba, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office