Corporate Development Associate
Are you looking for an opportunity to work as a financial analyst where you can make a positive impact on others? Whether you're located in Houston, Chicago, or beyond, we have an opportunity for you!
Location: Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; or Remote
Our client's goal is to outperform their client benchmark returns on a long-term basis through investing in high quality infrastructure assets and their philosophy of active management. Other goals include being seen as a world-class investor, the creation of a strong and integrated team, the development of the necessary infrastructure (including reporting and monitoring systems) and an emphasis on fiduciary responsibilities.
The Corporate Development Associate will be primarily responsible for financial modelling, analytical work and asset management for current and new investment opportunities. This includes macro / market and sectorial research and individual investment due diligence and monitoring. Analytical, judgement, business writing, time management, and interpersonal skills are all required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Financial analysis (including financial modelling, sensitivity, and scenario analysis)
* Investment review and risk analysis (including assisting with logging opportunities and providing an initial recommendation to the team as to whether the opportunity should be pursued further)
* Valuation analysis (with respect to new opportunities and also assisting with the co-ordination of periodic independent valuations of the portfolio assets)
* Investment due diligence (including management meetings, review of materials, numerical analysis of investment performance, appointment and management of external consultants, reference calls, preparation of Investment Recommendations, material legal agreement due diligence and negotiation)
* Manage and maintain relationships within the industry, including investment banks, fund managers, independent valuers, consultants and peer institutional investors
* Develop and maintain a network of infrastructure contacts
* Monitor sector, market and economic conditions and assess their impact on client infrastructure portfolios
* Assist with developing and building a cohesive and productive Infrastructure team
* Assist with the establishment of reporting and monitoring systems. Interact as required to maintain the operation of these systems
* Assist with asset management responsibilities to include liaising on key business issues, preparing for board meetings, interacting with management, updating internal monitoring checklists and assistance with quarterly client reporting
* Management and coordination of other resources within the company as appropriate
* Building of detailed sector knowledge for selected infrastructure subsectors (rotational basis)
* Allocation to specific portfolio assets for management responsibilities and allocation to analysis/execution of new investment opportunities will be determined taking into account deal flow, resource requirements and professional development objectives, and will be clearly communicated amongst the broader Company Infrastructure team. Overtime, there will be the opportunity to rotate and work across different sectors and with different members of the Company Infrastructure team. Depending on the nature of the asset management or investment opportunity task, travel is likely to be required.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Two to five years' financial or commercial experience, with knowledge of the infrastructure market, principal investing either through an advisory capacity (i.e. investment banking or accounting firm) or direct investment experience
* Direct investment or due diligence skills / legal skills / accountancy skills, while not required, will be beneficial
* Strong numeric skills, particularly advanced financial modelling and analysis
* Advanced Excel and analytical skills
* Strong verbal, written, presentation and time management skills
* A strong commercial acumen and ability to identify and critically analyze key business issues and strategy
* The ability to participate in projects, identify priorities, establishing time frames and complete or adjust where required
* Ability to prepare structured business reports, interpreting complex material and make decisions based on imperfect information.
* Proven ability to apply advanced analytical skills to investment decisions
* Ability to interact with senior management and external advisers to produce results and develop long-term productive relationships
Benefits to name a few:
- 10% bonus
- 401K plan: Employer will match up to 5%. 401K is immediate 100% vesting
- STD and AD&D 100% paid by Employer
- Vacation: 2 weeks / year
- Healthcare Spending Account
We are actively interviewing this week and next week! If you're interested, please apply or email directly Kate.Nelson@PTSAdvance.com