Current Job Openings
Role: PTS is actively searching for a NETA electrical testing professional to support our client's service needs. Potential candidates must reside within 100 miles or be willing to relocate to the area to be considered for this position. This is an urgent hiring need.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, simple relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class
- Perform tasks such as testing of circuit breakers, switchgear and motor control centers
- Electrical testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems
- Busduct Installation, Inspection & Testing
- Instrument transformer tests & Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid-state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- High school diploma or GED plus 1 year of relevant experience
- Graduate Engineer BSEE with Power Systems Focus and no experience or an Associate Degree from an accredited 2-year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Nuclear Electrician)
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems
- Proficient with Microsoft office including Outlook, Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, periodic and random drug screenings
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel at a minimum of 15-25 weeks per year
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets
- Possess a valid driver's license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record
- Candidates with NETA Certifications or an electrical military background are highly preferred