Current Job Openings
Auto CAD Drafter
PTS Advance has a rare opportunity for a Drafter with at least 5 years of AutoCAD preferably with electrical background. Our client places a high value on adding direct value to compelling power projects, collaborating on business and management strategies, and the freedom and accountability to influence how our firm grows. This position will collaborate on small to mid-size projects in the energy, industrial oil & gas, power, heavy industrial, battery energy storage, renewable energy (Solar PV) and related sectors.
Job Type: Full-time - Contract to Perm
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 5-years of experience in, mainly, the energy and industrial sectors, working on small (<$1M) and medium (<10$M) projects
- Self-starter, self-motivated - must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to delegate work, oversee work progress and scope, and CAD staff
- Ability to work with a project team, including senior staff and design/drafting personnel.
- Effective in using flexible approaches for successful work outcomes
- Extensive experience in field work such as "as-building' existing facilities for new projects, "as-building' new construction, and in other data collection.
- Two-year Associate technical degree a plus, preferably in electrical or electronics, or equal technical training
- MicroStation experience a plus.
- Advanced drafting skills in AutoCAD.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge of:
- Electrical Power & Energy Systems
- Power, lighting, and grounding plans
- Single line diagrams, three-line diagrams
- Control schematics for switchgear controls and metering, motor control circuits for medium voltage (2,300V and 4,160V) starters
- Panel schedules and circuiting
- Conduit and cable schedules and fills
- Basic working understanding of AC systems and the National Electric Code Control & Instrumentation Systems
- All facets of control systems design and drafting, including PLC-based control systems. Familiarity with Allen-Bradley and GE PLC's
- PLC schematic and wiring diagrams
- Panel layouts and panel wiring for fabrications, materials selection, preparation of Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Working knowledge of drawings customarily used for distributed control systems (Honeywell, Invensys/Schneider-Foxboro, Profinet based systems) and SCADA systems.
- Familiarity with Rosemount-Delta V, Bailey, etc. a plus.
Benefits: PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO if approved by client.
Interested? Contact Melanie Acosta at (949)-268-4057 or via email at Melanie.Acosta@PTSadvance.com for a confidential discussion.