Current Job Openings
Estimator - Public Works
Our client is a is a full-service Building Construction and Construction Management firm
They are seeking an Estimator with demonstrated experience in public & private works.
This person will also be responsible to:
- Duties include but are not limited to: preparation of complete and concise cost estimates, plan and spec review, take-offs, material and labor pricing, bid writing & scope review and change order pricing.
- Provide value engineering ideas and input.
- Provide trade cost information to the project teams for inclusion into budgets, schedules and cash flows.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Attends job walks.
- Maintaining files and records of work.
- Multitasking abilities.
- Must be sincere and flexible in training others and be able to work under pressure.
- Maintains excellent professional relationships and is respected by Owners, Architects, Inspectors, Subcontractors, vendors and colleagues.
- 3 to 5 years' experience within the estimating and sales department.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Background check DOJ
- Proven and successful track record of previous responsibility in field management, estimating, cost management and construction operations of commercial general construction and California school/DSA Projects
- Extensive experience in new construction and modernization projects.
- Have in-depth awareness of terminology, construction sequences and activities.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction documents such as drawings, specifications and general conditions of the contract.
- Experience in estimating new and modernization projects including: private and public works, schools and tenant improvements.
- On-site construction experience is a plus.
- Possess good skills in arithmetic calculations and units of measurements.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and building materials.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Construction Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering a plus.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Candidate will be offered a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer