Current Job Openings
Facilities Process Engineer
Our client is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company operating high-growth, high-return conventional and unconventional assets in California. They explore for, produce, gather, process and market crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. They make significant use of proven modern technologies to enhance safety and efficient production across they're leading mineral acreage position and diverse portfolio.
Our clients is seeking to fill a Facilities Process Engineer position to support our statewide operations out of our Bakersfield or Long Beach, CA office and is eligible for a hybrid work-from-home schedule.
This person will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with various functional groups (Production Operations, Technical Operations, HSE, etc.) to increase production capacity, improve operating reliability, reduce operating costs, optimize energy consumption, improve product yields, and improve product quality
- Optimize processes, procedures and analytics and assist in managing company risks while recognizing impacts on operating and capital costs
- Provide ongoing engineering assistance to field operations and maintenance including troubleshooting of process operating problems, developing reports, providing technical assistance, as required
- Lead OpEx driven projects through the full project life cycle from concept to completion, implementation and in the field start up/ troubleshooting.
- Complete root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and lead failure analysis investigations for equipment and processes as required
- Provide coordination between the various organizational entities regarding project implementation to ensure project designs are accurate and meet the intended scope
- Maintain safety awareness consistent with plant and company standards via attendance and participation in safety meetings, safety training, process hazards reviews, job observations, plant inspections, etc.
- Work cross functionally on implementation of the company Management of Change program
- Develops conceptual process designs including PFDs and Heat & Mass Balance
- Interpret results of pilot test studies and/or operating data
- Prepare equipment/process data/specification sheets
- Designs/specifies pressure relief devices/systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience
- Experience in Natural Gas Processing technologies such as, but not limited to: Gas Compression, Gas Dehydration, Gas Treating and Fractionation
- Experience with Upstream Production Processing Facilities including: Oil/Water/Gas Separation, Oil dehydration, and Water Treatment (produced and fresh water)
- Proficiency in hydraulic analysis, equipment sizing/design, and system design
- Ability to produce quick and accurate results with limited data under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and the ability to juggle several concurrent projects
- Ability to interact effectively with cross functional team members
- Strong ownership, mentorship, and leadership skills
- Willing to travel within the State of California - predominantly San Joaquin Valley, Los Angeles County, and Orange County
- Must have a valid CA driver's license and a clean DMV record
- 10+ years of process engineering experience
- Working knowledge and field experience of the following in context of oil and gas operations:
- OSHA Process Safety Management elements and typical safety program requirements
- Industry codes and standards (API, ANSI, ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, ASME Section 8, Div. 1 Pressure Vessel Code, etc.)
- Typical rotating and stationary equipment
- Typical materials of construction
- Typical process control equipment
- Typical mechanical integrity processes and equipment failure modes
- General automation knowledge of instrumentation and control schemes for equipment and facilities.
- Familiarity with Vendor supplied sizing software considered a benefit. (Ariel, Dresser, Sulzer)
- Working knowledge and proficiency in simulation software, including Hysys and PipeSim
- Familiar with cost estimating principles and practices
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
This is a Direct hire position. Our client offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer