Current Job Openings
- Direct Hire
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
- Schedule: 12-hour shifts, 7 days on/ 7 days off
- Estimated Start Date: June 2022
The Field Operator is the outside operator within the plant who will assist the Board Operator to properly control and manage the production process. The plant is controlled via both computer control center and outside manual operations.
A Field Operator maintains and operates various equipment/systems at the facility and is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance including, but not limited to: reactor units (Steam Methane Reformers/SMR's & Liquid Fuel Product/LFP's), heat exchanger systems, air & hydrocarbon compressor systems, various pumping systems, fluid separation and filtration equipment, reverse osmosis (RO) water treatment, actuated & manual valves, steam generation equipment, gas measurement tools, various lab measurement and tests, and assists the Board operator with plant start-up and emergency shutdowns.
- Able to read and understand piping & instrumentation diagrams (P & ID's).
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the Board Operator inclusive of effective/clear communication on a continuous basis every shift.
- Operate plant equipment as directed by the Board Operator or procedure.
- Perform operator rounds on each shift (read, monitor, and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, level, flow, hours of operations, fuel consumed, etc).
- Visually inspect equipment and controls every shift to detect malfunctions and/or need for maintenance, adjustment, lubrication, etc.
- Properly pressurize, depressurize, and/or blow down equipment and/or pipelines, sight-glasses, etc as directed by the Board Operator or procedure.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Monitor, remove, and replace the following: filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gauges, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Safely (un)load trucks with finished product or raw materials for the plant and assure paperwork is correct and complete.
- Operate manual valves or other process equipment as directed by the Board Operator or procedure.
- Perform lockout/tagout of valves and equipment, involved with PSSR's, job walkdowns, writing various work permits, etc.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment, including emergency shutdowns.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
- Continuously implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment.
- Continuously assist with housekeeping and maintaining the site in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
- Collaborate with Board Operator and Plant Manager on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board Operator and/or Plant Manager.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years' experience in a plant operation environment.
- Demonstrated chemical & mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in operating process and equipment controls.
- Experience working with reactors, pressure vessels, and various unit operations.
If you're interested, please send your resume to Samantha.Turrubiartes@PTSAdvance.com.