Current Job Openings
Functional Safety Engineer
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Estimated Start Date: Late April/early May 2022
- Duration: 3-5 years
- Travel Required: Up to 30% across the western United States.
Functional Safety Engineer responsibilities and duties include:
- Provides leadership and support to project technical team and ensures that the work is completed in alignment with the project requirements
- Develop Safety Requirement Specifications within the corporate SIS lifecycle database for heater and boiler Safety Instrumented Functions.
- Ensure SIS Lifecycle documentation is kept up to date for each site's unit within the safety lifecycle database
- Provides active technical support to assigned AMP projects on heater and boiler protections
- Provides SIS discipline input during the different SIS project phases execution
- Leads project team in developing and executing SIS-related testing procedures and evaluating and providing constructive feedback on Supplier-provided SIS testing procedures and documentation
- Collaborates with facility on safety risk gap closure plans to improve the safety and operational excellence for heaters and boilers.
- Reviews and approves SIS/BMS designs, equipment specifications, and integrity of engineering content
- Under the direction of the Program SIS/FS Lead, leads the technical design and implementation of AMP requirements
- Develops and communicates procedures, processes, and templates to assist in technical design across all AMP projects
- Ensures quality assurance standards and project management protocols are followed
- Provides technical leadership to project team to produce detail design deliverables, including system architectures, bills of material, functional safety plans, factory acceptance test, site acceptance test, etc.
- Reviews and actively contributes to the development, final preparation, and evaluation of Supplier bid packages
- Ensures lessons learned in the SIS lifecycle are recorded and shared appropriately throughout the organization and incorporated into new designs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or any related Engineering field of study
- At least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency and knowledge with the following:
- Fired Heater and Boiler Design
- Instrumentation and Controls Design
- Safety Lifecycle Documentation
- Commissioning and Startup of SIS
- Capital Project Phases
- Functional Safety Engineer Certification
- Safety Lifecycle Databases
Functional Safety Engineer