Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has great opportunity for an HR Supervisor at a local Refinery in Martinez, CA. The HR Supervisor oversees activities associated with employee relations, labor relations, recruiting, annual performance reviews, and the scheduling of represented employees. The HR supervisor will be a contributing member of the extended leadership team for the refinery.
- Employee / Labor Relations
- Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement in a consistent manner and partner with Company and Local Union leadership to address employee concerns
- Conduct employee investigations and draft/administer items (to both union and non-union personnel) in accordance with local and corporate policies, as well as, the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Investigate grievances submitted by the Local Union and compose grievance responses under the HR Manager's supervision and ensure responses are in alignment with the Refinery Leadership Team's perspective
- Collect and prepare data for Company Proposal Items that will be included in contract negotiations
- Participate in contract negotiations by developing and maintaining a status report for Company/Union Proposal Items, researching and collecting relevant data, drafting tentative agreements, and providing updates to refinery supervision and corporate labor relations
- Update the Collective Bargaining Agreement following negotiations and ensure accuracy of edits with Company and Union leadership.
- Compose Letters of Agreement and/or Turnaround Agreements to address specific matters and detail path forward as needed
- Lead and/or participate in investigation of complaints filed relating to HR related or Company policy issues. Recruiting
- Coordinate with all departments (and Corporate where appropriate) on hourly and salaried staffing and recruiting needs. Ensure that the appropriate managers are provided with up-to-date organizational charts, status reports, hiring needs and current staffing checklists
- Plan and budget for large hiring initiatives for hourly operations and maintenance positions
- Responsible for the resourcing process at all levels of the organization. Look to bring in best practices from in and outside of the energy industry
- Conduct compensation analyses and obtain appropriate approvals to ensure the candidate is extended a fair and competitive job offer
- Develop and maintain relationships with local recruiting agencies, colleges, training centers and other talent sources.
- Develop the refinery's Annual Performance Review Timeline in conjunction with the HR Manager.
- Create and implement training for supervisors to ensure that performance reviews are written in an effective and professional manner
- Assign a specific HR employee to each department to drive timely completion of performance review administration and to ensure performance reviews contain quality content
- Conduct compensation analyses for internal promotions. * Assist supervision with drafting performance reviews as needed
- Provide management/supervisor guidance on performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions
- Scheduling of Represented Employees
- Supervise the Operations/Maintenance scheduling staff.
- Provide guidance to the Operations and Maintenance Schedulers on unique scheduling situations while maintaining compliance with the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Local Union when handling unique or complex scheduling situations.
- Create and maintain HR metrics to effectively communicate information with the Refinery Leadership Team
- Develop and conduct various HR training sessions to communicate local and corporate policies to refinery personnel.
- Compose and revise job descriptions for refinery positions to ensure they are accurate and updated on a set frequency.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Participate as a member of the Emergency Command Center (on-call duties) and provide back-up to the HR Manager
- BS degree required (preferably in Human Resources or related business field).
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience required.
- Significant Labor Relations experience required, preferably in manufacturing, petrochemical, or refining industry.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Preferred experience with an HRIS database.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work on multiple competing priorities, have excellent follow up skills, and work in a fast pace and changing environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail. * The ability to insure integrity and working with confidential information
- The successful candidate will be very organized, demonstrate a positive attitude, and have a willingness to learn
- Willing to travel approx. 10%