Current Job Openings
PTS Advance is looking for a Mid to Senior Level Instrumentation/Electrical Designer. This position requires excellent technical ability to both perform design tasks and lead others. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create, modify and work with 2D drawings using AutoCAD software
- Comprehensive understanding of piping with electrical and instrumentation controls in their field configurations.
- Familiar with management of change (KMS) to update I & E PSI documentation to meet PSM requirements.
- Working knowledge of PLC and DCS systems with SPI for instrumentation data base updates and loops generation.
- Able to evaluate equipment in the field, including climbing ladders, flights of stairs, etc.
- Create and as build instrument location plans, loops, wiring diagrams, junction boxes and control panel layouts.
- Generate and update electrical power distribution single lines , elementary diagrams and wiring schematics.
- Effective communication skills, stay organized with ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Manage design reviews with engineers, Operations and maintenance personnel to confirm objectives.
- Understanding and familiarity with industry standards ISA, NEC and NFPA-70E.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft applications with experience in AutoCAD with Raster design software.
- 5 to 15+ years of experience in I&C design on Oil & Gas, Refining, and/or Petrochemical Plant projects
- A.A.S. or higher in engineering or related discipline or related experience.
- Working knowledge and basic understanding of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Experience working on-site at an industrial facility in maintenance, reliability, or projects groups
- Ability and desire to mentor designers and engineers
- Experience with efficiently using AutoCAD
- Must obtain a TWIC Card and pass a drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the US. No H1B Visa applicants. Canadian Citizens are welcome to apply
Benefits: PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO if approved by client.
We are actively interviewing for this position, if you are interested, please send an updated resume to email@example.com or call (925) 363-8233