Current Job Openings
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
They have an immediate need of Laboratory Technician/Chemist to work in their Lab.
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Superintendent, responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Adherence to safe work practices
- Performing chemicals analyses and quality control testing in the Chemical Laboratory using accepted, published procedures
- Performing calibrations and standardization to maintain quality in test results
- Understanding and utilizing SQC tools
- Reviewing / updating procedures
- Assisting in or performing maintenance on instrumentation
- Interacting with Area Supervisors, Unit Engineers or Unit Operators to help troubleshoot process problems
- Methodologies/instrumentation employed include: wet chemistry, gravimetric determinations, UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, GC, ICP, X-Ray Analyzer, Auto-Titrator and SFC.
- This position is subject to rotating shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays. Off-shift pager responsibilities are also required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science field
- Demonstrated proficiency in laboratory environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Two years of Refinery Laboratory experience
- Knowledge and experience in using laboratory database systems and/or instrument operating software
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarization with Laboratory LIMS System
- Understanding of refinery process flow
- Will be required to take Refinery site safety training and Drug and alcohol testing
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer