PTS Advance is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work at their facility in Rodeo California,
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE OIL & GAS EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Specifically, specifically downstream experience with small capital projects.
- Providing technical support to operations to ensure the safe continued running of the refinery
- Monitoring and evaluating equipment performance
- Tracking and evaluating key reliability metrics and implementing improvements
- Troubleshooting equipment problems and implementing solutions
- Reviewing equipment performance to ensure suitability and recommend improvements
- Developing all mechanical design work for minor to intermediate size projects
- Developing cost estimates and business justification for improvement projects
- Specifying, procuring and installing replacement vessels, heat exchangers, piping etc.
- Reviewing proposed mechanical designs, by others, to ensure adequacy and code/company standard compliance
- Leading/participating in failure analysis of equipment
- Providing oversight to construction and turnaround activities
- Ensuring repairs and changes are in accordance with MOC and MI processes
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in a refinery/petrochemical-operating environment
- Experience in either/both static or rotating equipment
- Ability to communicate and interact with other refinery departments
- Desired attributes include self-motivation, problem-solver, ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills.
- TWIC card
- Clear DISA drug/background before start of employment