Current Job Openings
Process Design Engineer
Salary: 100,000k + 15% bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, and relocation
Experience: 5-10 years of overall engineering experience, with 3+ years in process and 2+ years in project design work
Our client is a leading global energy company specializing in sustainable wood bioenergy, and are the world's largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels. Are you looking to join a growing team and contribute to a more sustainable future? Our client is looking for a talented Process Design Engineer role focuses on process aspects of each project to ensure optimal process flow, yield, energy consumption, and quality of manufacturing process. Ultimately, the Process Design Engineer will focus on industrial continuous processing equipment that takes over various wood fiber sources and turns them into pellets.
- Own standards, requirements, and quality of process drawings & deliverables - P&IDs, PFDs, process mass balance, time studies, project value stream map (production model), project basis of design (process), project process hazard analysis
- Support project teams collaborating with engineering firms and key vendors to drive process engineering deliverables
- Perform options/alternatives analysis on various process decisions to drive best business decisions backed by data and economics
- Serve as Design Engineering liaison with internal Process Engineering Subject Matter Experts
- Scope and perform studies or DOEs at existing facilities to gather information to aid project decision making
- Drive consistency across project designs by implementing best practices with the goal of achieving company wide standardization.
- Assist in continuous improvement effort of equipment engineering specifications and requirements for new and existing sites across entire organization per OEMS 4.1.
- Partner with procurement to provide direction and conduct reviews on scope of work packages.
- Implement sound engineering solutions for mitigating existing issues, drive continuous improvement, and introduce innovations where appropriate.
- Demonstrate formality and lead by example in ensuring that all changes are entered, thoroughly vetted, and tracked through an approved Change Management process.
- Travel to sites to benchmark existing process, perform studies, and support project design & construction. Initial travel to various sites during onboarding first 6 months to shadow operations, support project commissioning, and execute other activities that will accelerate progression on learning curve.
- 5-10 years of overall engineering experience required
- 3+ years of process engineering experience required
- 2+ years of project/design engineering experience required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial (or other related) Engineering
- Must be highly literate of technical documentation: Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams, General Arrangements, Piping & Ducting Isometrics, 3D Models, Basis of Design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, Teams, Visio, and Project, Bluebeam Revu, Navisworks, AutoCAD Plant 3D
For immediate consideration, please send resumes to Samantha.Turrubiartes@PTSAdvance.com.