Current Job Openings
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY (Results/Output): Process Engineers are responsible for analyzing and maximizing uptime and production, as well as optimizing reliability and performance of geothermal power plants and operational assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support goal of zero recordable safety and reportable environmental incidents
- Review plant operating performance through various channels such as reviewing process data, as well as engaging with site operations teams and other engineers to recommend processes modifications and equipment, repairs, etc. to improve plant safety and performance with the focus of maximizing income
- Assist in planning and coordinating plant outages
- Responsible for getting multiple bids for projects, reviewing proposals, making technical recommendations and assist in negotiating and reviewing contracts
- Report daily and final project updates
- Comply with all state and federal agencies
- Follows all policies and procedures. Follows all federal, state and site-specific safety policies
- Assist upper management with evaluating new business opportunities
- Provide technical support and assistance for operations, maintenance and business development
- Responsible for controlling and reducing cost of assigned projects
- Assist with root cause analysis for failures and safety incidents
- Develop business cases for project economics and present to leadership for proposed retrofits or plant upgrades
- Develop basis of design, design packages, scopes of work, and equipment specification
- Develop control philosophies and cause & effect documentation
- Develop and communicate project scopes, work plans, and schedules for work to internal and external stakeholders
- Create QA/QC plans for projects and operations support and manage compliance and project documentation including NDT requirements based on codes ASME B31.3 and the execution of pressure tests
- Lead Process Safety Management (PSM) for including performing HAZOP analyses and reviews, and leading management of change process for process modifications, retrofits and overhauls
- Redlining and coordinating the updating of plant documentation including P&ID, PFD, HMB
- Review and revise standard operating procedures
- Perform HMB and HYSIS modelling to support annual budget development, performance monitoring, and new project evaluations.
- Provide regular on-site support at operating facilities
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated experience with safe field operations
- Demonstrated experience with process operations
- Demonstrated experience with project development, execution and management
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills enabling individual to motivate others
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to convey complex technical information to diverse audiences including technicians, engineers, stakeholders, vendors, and partners
- Ability to utilize critical software for plant monitoring and modeling, as well as for project design, execution and management
- Ability to interpret engineering drawing (P&ID, PFD, HMB, One-Lines, well diagrams, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel in a high intensity environment
- Organizational and planning skills with problem solving skills and sense of urgency
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to stand, twist, stoop/bend, squat, kneel, crawl, reach, push, pull, and climb stairs or ladders regularly during each shift.
- Able to walk moderate distances several times during each shift.
- Able to tolerate remote environments, indoor /outdoor work, wildlife, possible dust, dirt, and wind, including any weather typical for all seasons in southern CA, NV, UT, and NM.
- Able to don all forms of required Personal Protective Equipment and work at heights of up to 50'.
- Travel Expectations: 25-50%, often at short notice. Flying and driving required.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, mechanical or a similar appropriate engineering field from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer licensure preferred.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Self-motivated and inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Strong analytical skills, and process design and development experience
- Effective time management skills and able to engage in several projects simultaneously and prioritize according to the company's needs or deadlines
- Must have above average computer (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and CMMS), writing, grammar, and math skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.