Current Job Openings
Process Improvement Reliability Engineer
Location: Franklin, VA
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, and relocation package
Our client is a leading global energy company specializing in sustainable wood bioenergy. As the world's largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, they effectively provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels. The ideal candidate is responsible for reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer Manager and is responsible for manufacturing process improvements that drive new performance levels. This includes: improving throughput, reducing variation, improving reliability of the equipment and generating consistency and uptime at a reduced cost.
- Execute assigned process improvement projects in alignment with site priorities
- Support capital project development and implementation through collecting, developing and analyzing technical information and data
- Serve as first point of contact for diagnosing and troubleshooting site process related issues
- Implement corrective actions related to safety and process in alignment with site priorities and in accordance with Management of Change (MOC) process
- Develop a thorough understanding of all factors and conditions that impact the processes, product, and equipment reliability (including environmental impacts).
- Identify performance gaps and implement equipment and process changes for mechanical and electrical issues.
- Create and maintain procedures in accordance with OEMS standards.
- Utilize project management skills to manage simultaneous improvement projects
- Analyze problems and implement solutions using critical thinking skills and focused improvement methods.
- Incorporate creative thinking into the problem-solving approach to identify unique and different ways to improve quality and consistency.
- Work closely with the maintenance, COE, and other plant teams to create solutions that can be applied consistently company wide.
- Contribute to the plant safety program.
- Key contact with Regional CI resources on continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 4-7 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in wood or paper industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Preferred experience with LEAN manufacturing, FMEA, Process Hazards Analysis and/or Process Control Systems
- Prior experience in analyzing, estimating, and planning capital expenditures
- Familiarity with heavy industrial equipment
- Industrial experience in continuous flow process or similar industry where work outage planning is required
Actively interviewing candidates, please send resumes to Samantha.Turrubiartes@PTSAdvance.com.