Current Job Openings
Our client is a growing, highly respected environmental and air quality consulting firm. They work on a wide variety of environmental air quality permitting and compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
They are looking for a Project Accountant who can support the accounting function of their firm. The position requires a professional individual with a high standard of quality, efficiency, organization, and the drive and initiative to complete tasks independently. This position will require the candidate to prioritize multiple responsibilities and proactively manage business development opportunities. This position is based in their office in San Juan Capistrano, CA
This person will also be responsible to:
The qualified candidate would be expected to support the accounting function of our organization, including:
- Act as an active team member supporting the accounting department in the various project accounting functions listed below utilizing QuickBooks;
- Monthly invoicing processing based on PM and CSS markups and changes;
- New customer setup in accounting system;
- Accounts payable;
- Accounts receivables;
- Journal entries;
- Bank reconciliation;
- Reporting time;
- Project budgeting reporting;
- Reimbursements and Month end close;
- Provide accounting/finance metrics to executive management on a weekly basis;
- Interpret and review client contract agreements for execution, special invoicing requirements, and ensuring all preferences are met for the invoicing period;
- Requesting, reviewing, and attaching 'Activity Reports' & 'Work Descriptions' to invoices monthly by working with technical staff;
- Tracking project budgets continually, reporting to CSSs and PMs on budget issues;
- Project setup, coordination, and close out by working with engineers;
- Engineering Staff Support for invoicing and billing issues;
- Overall accounting support as needed to Executive Management;
- Act as an active team member for general day to day front office support duties;
- Assist other departments as needed;
- Office Admin;
- Human Resources.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or relevant major from an Accredited University with a minimum GPA of 3.3, GPA will be verified;
- Minimum of 3-7 years of work experience in an accounting/bookkeeping function in a professional office environment
- Strong Quickbooks skills (required);
- General knowledge of contracting practices;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills;
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills (required);
- Microsoft 365 Office and SharePoint including Outlook (will train);
- Microsoft Project Web Application - PWA (will train);
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our Client offers a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer