Current Job Openings
Lake Charles, LA
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week (OT as needed)
- Estimated Start Date: April 2022
- Duration: 1 year, possibly long term
Small Projects Project Engineer working under supervision of a Project Engineer or Project Lead. Responsibilities include:
- Lead an assigned area within a project. Direct the engineering contractor assigned to the area. Lead organization and execution of design reviews of engineering documents and models.
- Coordinate and reviews vendor documents. Interface with the Business Unit to obtain input into engineering.
- Assist in preparation of the Scope of Work for contracts. Track engineering progress.
- Engage Maintenance and Operations in both the FEL and execution phases. Facilitate constructability input into design.
- Participate in schedule and cost reviews for assigned work areas. Ensure specifications are followed in design.
- Ensure Quality is integrated into the design documents.
- Support construction through review and responses to Requests For Information. Participate in system punch-listing, completion activities, and PSSRs.
Basic Requirements, Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Basic understanding of the project process and interactions required to execute a project.
- Background in technical areas related to the project.
- Ability to specify appropriate equipment and material as well as evaluate alternatives.
- Understanding of the estimating process and developing budgets within a WBS.
- Experience in working with various Engineering disciplines.
- Good understanding of Safety and Environmental policies and processes.
- Interactive skills necessary to coordinate a team of technical professionals.
- Good judgment to ensure decisions are value adding.
- Fundamental knowledge of processes and technical standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of professionals.
- Fundamental understanding of Quality requirements and the role of Quality in the project.
- Ability to lead safety in the field and participates in field safety meetings and job safety analysis reviews
- Preferred Skills and Competencies are Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
- Experience in some area of projects such as a specific engineering discipline, construction execution or Project Controls.
- Experience with directing engineering contractors.
- Experience in the Operating and or Maintenance departments.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Competent in written communications and presentations.
- Some field experience in construction related activities.
Lake Charles, LA