Our client is a major port in the Los Angeles area helping land and shipping business growth to improve supply chain productivity, stability, and flexibility. They are looking for a Project Engineer with Risk Management experience for their office in San Pedro, CA.
The Project Engineer will be part of the Project Controls Department.
The objective of this position is to drive, maintain, and support Project Controls processes, systems, tools, and reports. Project Controls gives transparent insight in the project's status, supporting effective decision-making by the project team and providing visibility in reporting to the head office.
The Project Controls Engineer will work on his/her own initiative with technical subject matter experts, contractors and the Project Controls Manager to establish and maintain project controls processes with a focus on risk management, change management and scope management.
- Driving and supporting the application and maintenance of the company's Project Controls standards and tools by the project team
- Driving, maintaining, and facilitating
- The correct application of the Change Management process (changes to scope, schedule, and budget);
- The adherence to the Risk Management process, and the ownership of the risk register.
- Administration of all project contracts, including: contractual changes, variations, alignment w. budget and time.
- Ensure correct and timely reporting under the Project Controls function, within the project team, to other corporate counterparts, and others, as required.
- Providing basic Project Controls support to project personnel, related to scope and assumption management.
- Supporting other Project Controls processes, as required by the Project Controls Manager; e.g. Project Planning, Cost Control, document management.
- Degree qualified in a technical or project management-based discipline (3rd level degree).
- Project management certification is a positive.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project delivery experience, preferable in large complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Construction experience, ideally in a port environment is preferred.
- Preferably contractor management experience.
- MS Office (including MS teams)
- MS-Project or Primavera P6 scheduling software experience is a positive.
- Team player.
- Have a strong understanding of procedures, processes and project controls.
- Good communication skills, where excellent level of English is a must.
- Driven, result orientated.
- High discipline - following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in regard to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!