Current Job Openings
Position Description – Project Engineering Manager (Owners Engineer)
Our Client is developing a major new green field clean fuels production facility, and is seeking a highly qualified Project Engineering Management professional to coordinate and manage the engineering for project, a two train 8000 metric ton/day blue ammonia production facility to be located north of New Orleans, Louisiana. The project team is based in Houston, Tx through the FEED and early EPC phases of the project and will transition to the project site in Louisiana as the project moves into the latter phases of construction, commissioning, and operations.
The Project Engineering Manager will be expected to focus on managing the engineering interface with the FEED/EPC contractor, primarily organization and coordination, with the pure technical aspects handled by the Client's engineering team subject matter experts and the Owners Engineer (OE) technical specialists, and including overall coordination with the OE company on resource supply.
The Project Engineering Manager will be expected to:
- Provide leadership to the engineering execution team necessary to deliver a safe, high quality, optimized engineering package underpinning the front end engineering and design (FEED) phase cost estimate and readiness for efficient transition directly into the EPC delivery phase.
- Champion safety through visible leadership including mentoring, coaching, recognition, and participation in safety meetings.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the FEED/EPC contractor to deliver the project engineering works through FEED into EPC and commercial operations.
- Deliver a project engineering package for a design that is safe, environmentally excellent, cost optimized, on schedule, and achieves full design capacity while demonstrating high reliability and excellent operability.
- Oversee completion of project engineering deliverables (project plan, constructability review).
- Ensure the development and execution of all project deliverables are aligned with the following:
- Project Objectives & Strategies
- Project Plan
- Project Design Basis
- Facilities Design Basis
- Construction Plan
- PHA / HAZOP
- Startup and Commissioning Plan
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Management of Change
- Coordinate engineering review of project information prepared by third parties (consultants, specialty services contractors) as well as the prime FEED/EPC Contractor team.
- Build and support effective, collaborative and constructive relationships with all involved parties including the Owner partners.
- Provide leadership in achieving operational excellence across the Client project.
- Continuously identify project risks (scope, cost, schedule, quality, safety) and collaboratively develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate timely project status to project members and the project leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communications skills, be able to manage interfaces between multiple technical and legal parties, have experience (preferably in Louisiana) developing similar programs, and sufficient knowledge of the subject matter to effectively and efficiently deliver the project requirements in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the petrochemical industry with a preference for previous experience on ammonia plants and/or synthesis gas production facilities (H2, MeOH, GTL)
- Experience & knowledge of chemical processing facility design and delivery
- Familiarity with regulations and government permit process for hazardous chemical projects
- Strong knowledge of effective project delivery techniques
- Exceptional organizational, planning, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, fast-paced work, and heavy workloads involving multiple parties
- Proficient in the English language