Current Job Openings
Our Client is a leading provider of Welded Steel tanks-Design, Fabrication, Construction, Repair and Maintenance. They are looking for a QC/QA - CWI to play a critical role for site maintenance services and tank inspection on the Martinez, CA. site. Experience working on tanks and knows API 650 and/or 653. Local candidates strongly preferred.
The QA/QC- CWI Lead is also responsible for:
- Monitor and/or perform in-process welding and mechanical activities to ensure compliance with applicable code, standards and job specific requirements
- Perform/monitor mechanical flange/gasket make-up insuring leak-free start-up.
- Perform visual welding inspections on ASME code projects
- Perform welder verification testing, including verification of welder identification(s)
- Direct associated welding work activities, as required
- Develop and maintained current weld log(s), weld map(s), flange log(s), ISO's and P&ID's in addition to completed "turnover" package(s) to customer(s)
- Manage and coordinate third party NDE activities along with generating NDE requests
- Assure proper usage of company weld procedures, filler metals and associated requirements are applied
- Assist in the creation, revision and maintenance of company weld procedures (WPS) and welder"s performance qualification (WPQ)
- Properly review and interpret customer specifications, procedure, codes and material documents assuring that our techniques are in compliance with current codes and applicable customer requirements
- Have the ability and willingness to provide inspection resources outside of normal working schedule
- Mentor, monitor and/or assist with personnel training with both mechanical and welding inspectors
- Assist with RFI development and resolution associated with quality, welding, NDE and/or other related issues
- Perform Routine quality audits on company projects or subcontractors
- Current AWS-CWI certification
- Refinery experience
- Five (5) years" tank inspection required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years' experience mechanical/welding inspection QC role within industrial maintenance/construction
- Working knowledge of ASW, AP l-1104, ASME Sec, 11, VIII, IX, B31,1, B31.3, B31.4 codes and/or specification(s)
- Three (3) years' experience with GTAW, SMAW and FCAW welding process
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO, PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.