Current Job Openings
Our client is a well known industrial construction contractor who also provides fabrication and maintenance services. They have been successful in being awarded high profile projects, and are now in need of a QA/QC Lead to support their increased backlog of work.
Directs and ensures quality adherence through the lifecycle of project delivery.
Reviews and approves quality plans developed by engineering and design partners, equipment suppliers and subcontractors during Pre-Construction/ FEED phase and Detailed Design/ Execute phase of projects.
Works with Project Engineering and Procurement/ Contracts team members to establish quality standards to be applied to equipment performance, testing, and inspection and construction validation of quality installation and verification to design performance criteria.
Works in collaboration with estimating, procurement/contracts, project management and project engineering in ensuring the quality of design build (EPC) projects are adequately defined, managed, and controlled through their lifecycle.
Creates quality planning for the project, establishes quality assurance routines for each project and determines quality control actions to be used to confirm adherence to the plan.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent QAQC experience and training in industrial construction means and methods
- 5 years field experience in industrial construction/maintenance quality planning, assurance and control
- Licenses and Certifications for Weld Inspection, Piping Inspection, and Various Testing methods preferred.
- Understand, communicate and enforce Company Safety, Quality and Accountability Program (PASS)
- Manage quality assurance and control team to ensure design and construction criteria is delivered to specification and adequately documented for validation.
- Works with Engineering partner to establish criticality of equipment and determine appropriate inspection and testing requirements during fabrication and at site start-up.
- Works with Procurement/Contracts manager and Corporate Safety leadership to assess and qualify suppliers and subcontractors for Design Build/ EPC projects.
- Ensures all materials supplied for the project have positive identification of material composition and source traceability.
- Reviews and approves WPS, PQR"s and WPQ"s for process and utility systems. Manages weld mapping, weld tracking and NDE for welded systems.
- Reviews and maintains quality documentation submitted by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Tracks material and equipment receipt at site and maintains non-conformance action lists to satisfactory resolution.
- Assists Project Manager in development and analysis of options for corrective actions.
- Participates in team meetings, subcontractor meetings and safety meetings
- Ability to work under strict timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of industrial construction practices and equipment, industrial specifications for mechanical, structural and piping systems and field inspection and testing methods.