Current Job Openings
Our client is a is a leading global provider of adhesives, composites and formulation products.
They are seeking to fill a Quality Engineer position to review and conduct investigations for process variances, product non-conformances, out of specifications results. The position will be based in Los Angeles, CA.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Performing testing in Wet Lab, Analytical Lab and Mechanical Lab processes
- Ensuring compliance of current processes and planned process improvements to company Quality Management System, customer requirements and regulatory.
- Providing support with review and compilation of data for various reports or proposals, preparation of tables, statistical and process capability studies, and drafting technical documents as needed
- Performing audits of the respective manufacturing facilities
- Providing support for customer quality audits and technical meetings
- Executing and documenting internal systems audits
- Obtaining and maintaining appropriate training to meet the requirements of this role
- Working with the project team and delivering on time and in scope with proper communication to Stake Holders.
- Assisting Quality Manager in implementing Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Having constant contact with various Los Angeles departments such as Production, Quality Control, Planning, Inventory Control, Packaging and Shipping
- Participating in EHS initiatives
- Associate's' Degree in Science (Chemistry).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- General computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and Laboratory tasks.
- Understanding of MRP; SAP and proficiency in MS Office software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Leading complex Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies.
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Process Capability (Cp and CpK) techniques.
- Understanding of Wet Lab, Analytical Lab and Mechanical Lab processes.
- Understanding of customer specification requirements and ASTM documents.
- Key competencies: strong communication skills, customer focus, analytical thinking/decision making, planning and organizing skills, building teams and relationships, developing others, statistical control techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer