Simi Valley, CA, United States
Our client is seeking a Quality Engineer to implement initial quality plans on products and programs, provides support and direction in the implementation and administration of quality systems. Analyzes the effectiveness of the quality system and coordinates quality related issues, audits with customers, suppliers and other functional disciplines.
This is an opportunity to grow your career at a large, international aerospace company. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans to support Engine Programs including Pratt Whitney & General Electric.
- Provide support and direction in the implementation and administration of Engine Programs.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of the quality system and be the liaison to handle quality related issues with the Engine Programs.
- Performs Customer Purchase Order/Contract Review to identify quality requirements for impact and operational compliance.
- Interfaces and/or works closely with Suppliers to mitigate and address risks & concerns.
- Coordinates Customer Source Inspection and/or performs Designated Source Quality Representative functions for customer, as required.
- Participates in Product Investigation Activities, Risk Mitigation and Corrective Action investigations in relation to the Engine Programs.
- Prepare periodic and special reports on quality statistics and other related quality issues on Engine Programs.
- Manages the corrective action program by identifying and reacting to quality-related problems identified by the customer, supplier or from within the company. Makes necessary recommendations, incorporates actions or change/initiate systems and/or procedures that assure compliance with customer, company, regulatory and standardized requirements.
- May issue and/or disposition RMA's (Return Material Authorization) to customers and generate CER's (Customer Expectation Report).
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university.
- 3 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Pratt Whitney DQR/MCL-LCS / General Electric DSQR Qualification preferred.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Have strong follow up and time management skills.
- Solid analytical and reasoning abilities as well as strong numerical skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends is preferred.