Current Job Openings
Three Rivers, TX
- Per Diem Offered (for non-local candidates only)
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 6-12 months, possibility to go long term
The Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer role is responsible for leading the evaluation and implementation of strategic reliability improvements that support improved reliability and optimized total cost of ownership. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
- Develops and/or approves stationary equipment repair plans, rerates, & modifications related to expense and capital projects in their area.
- Performs fitness for service evaluations per API, ASME or applicable industry guidelines/standards, including level 1 & 2 evaluations per API-579.
- Perform bolted joint torque calculations and select gaskets for planning.
- Participate in self audits of key reliability management systems
- Provide technical support to both operations and maintenance.
- Work closely with Unit Inspector(s) to troubleshoot stationary equipment issues and review Inspection & Testing Plans for piping / equipment repairs or new installations.
- Develop equipment maintenance strategy documents.
- Reviews requests for installation of Leak Repair Devices, such as bolted engineered enclosures, composite wraps, valves body injections, etc.
- Leads the development of technical assessment packages for hot taps, stopples, line freezes, welding on live equipment, etc.
- Review the design of furnaces, boilers, heaters, flares, burners, refractory, insulation, high temperature materials, tanks, exchangers, vessels and piping.
- Participate in incident investigations and root cause failure analysis.
- This position requires: B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in the refining/petrochemical industry.
- Proven proficiency in stationary equipment fabrication standards (ASME), inspection codes (API, NBIC), Post Construction codes (PCC-1, 2) and recommended practices.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
Three Rivers, TX