Current Job Openings
We are looking to expand our team and are seeking a Reservoir Engineer to join our team. The Resource Engineer is expected to monitor performance, produce and manage various models and assessments for geothermal power plants with the goal of optimizing performance and long term viability. The engineering work may include reservoir models, wellbore models, process models, pump analysis, pressure transient analysis, etc.
Contribute technical expertise of Geothermal Resource analysis and modelling to the Resource, Engineering and Operations teams for effective utilization and life extension of each geothermal resource. The focus for this position will include:
- proactively seeking geothermal field improvements and communicate team and to management
- coordinating and preparing monthly reservoir performance updates
- close tracking of wellfield and generation KPIs
- preparing and updating resource deliverability and generation forecasts
- coordinating communication between resource staff and plant operations
- understanding well operations and concepts
- building, updating, and maintaining reservoir models under the supervision of the Company's Director of Reservoir Modelling
- wellbore modeling
- designing, performance monitoring, and optimizing production pumps
- analyzing performance of production and injection wells, proposing remedial action or replacement as necessary
- designing, planning and overseeing well tests analyzing and interpreting well logs
- peer reviewing other engineers work and concluding on final interpretations and reporting
Be accountable for effective and timely delivery and organization of data and analysis. Ensure timely and accurate data is available for analysis. Track and monitor resource data from all projects to determine current performance, observe changes and identify issues in need of further analysis, and make recommendations to improve operations.
Ensure presentation style reports are prepared for operations reviews as scheduled for each project (e.g., monthly). Reports should include recommendations for corrective actions based on cost benefit analysis, comments on changes in the well or resource behavior, the results of any testing being done and planning or status of projects.
Partner to maximize the value of operating assets. Work cross-functionally and proactively with other functional groups to increase the value of the assets; for example, manage preparation and updating of resource related portions of project task lists.
Support development of test plans for wellfield such as tracer tests, well production and injection tests and logging including logging for regulatory compliance such as MITs for injection wells.
Support work with staff and consultants to plan drilling make up wells, replacement wells and new wells at operating projects, well workovers and clean out procedures, well repairs and abandonment of wells no longer needed.
Where required, work with management to manage consultants assigning tasks and projects and providing guidance and support to ensure timely completion.
Other tasks will include:
- participation in monthly calls for the other fields to gain familiarity with project history, geoscience, powerplant operations, and project personnel
- updating and enhancing existing reservoir models at other facilities
- other tasks as needed by resource group
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering(Petroleum, Mechanical, or similar). Would consider Geoscience disciplines with appropriate experience and training.
- An advanced degree in a related technical discipline or in resource management preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-5 years of experience working in the geothermal industry, or a background in assessment, drilling and operations of underground reservoirs (water, petroleum, hydrocarbons, etc.) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of advanced data analytics, tools, simulation modeling and subsurface mapping is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of advanced well production techniques, is desired
- Additional work experience with (ORC) geothermal power plants is preferred
- Proven resource modelling and analysis and field troubleshooting experience is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to travel to remote field locations in difficult weather conditions, walk significant distances outdoor on uneven surfaces
- Able to type and view a computer screen for long periods of time
- Travel 25% and up to 50% at times
- Must posses valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects, tasks at one time
- Must be flexible and adaptable based on current business needs
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must have self-initiative to take on tasks/responsibilities without being directed to
- Careful attention to detail