Current Job Openings
Our client provides full multi-discipline engineering, design, project management, procurement, and project management services to the refining and petrochemical industries.
They are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer (PE) in Concord, CA.
Hybrid position (3 days in the office/2 days work form home).
Long term contract with the opportunity to go direct.
This position serves as structural engineer on assigned multidiscipline projects for industrial and petrochemical clients. Works closely with the project team to develop calculations, reports, drawings, and models.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate with other disciplines as required for successful execution of projects
- Learn and comply with the Client's Project Services Quality System
- Analyze survey data, drawings, topographical and geotechnical data for project planning and design purposes
- Determine code requirements for analysis and design of structures
- Develop calculations and specifications as required for feasibility studies and for permit and construction packages
- Perform integrity evaluations of existing structures including equipment and vessel supports, buildings, pipe racks and other industrial structures
- Perform periodic field visits to project sites to monitor construction progress and ensure conformance to design specifications. Interact directly with project management and other disciplines, Assist in developing civil structural scope of work, hour estimates and scheduling for project planning and execution, Develop project design basis, Participate in meetings with the Client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems, Coordinate civil structural engineering reports, studies, calculations, specifications, as well as review vendor submittals, and Supervise, oversee, and coordinate engineering activities of team members
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational, and team communication/leadership skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong background in petrochemical/heavy industrial industry
- Strong detailed design experience in steel and concrete structures, foundations and retaining walls
- Wood and masonry design experience is required
- Blast resistant design experience - preferred but not required
- Artic engineering experience - preferred but not required
- Excellent understanding of seismic design is required
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of up to 10 civil structural engineers
- Experience with design of foundations for vibration control is required
- Expert working knowledge of IBC, ASCE 7, AISC and ACI codes
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, RISA3D
- Experience in performing structural integrity evaluations of existing industrial infrastructure and facilities
- Grading and paving, hydrology, wastewater experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain positive client relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel on short duration assignments
- Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- PE license required; SE preferred but not required
- 8-25 years of professional experience
- Able to sit/stand, type, and perform computer work for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands/fingers for computer entry and answering phones.
- Able to perform occasional bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs if necessary.
Compensation: Rate $60.00 - $85.00 hourly DOE
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!