Our client is leading industry manufacture of Advanced Materials across the United States. We are looking for a Sr. Project Engineer to drive operations in the Akron, Ohio facility. The company offers great pay, excellent benefits, career progression. Here are some the tasks/experience needed below:
As the Sr. Project Engineer, you will:
- Be a Site leader and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for controls, automation, and power distribution.
- Manage capital projects including scope and budget development, project approval, engineering and design, schedule and cost management, documentation and Process Safety Information (PSI) maintenance, and project closure.
- Support manufacturing through process/equipment design and analysis. Continually enhance process capability and improve product quality.
- Coordinate project needs with maintenance, operations, and contractors.
- Assess and implement new process technologies, control systems, and equipment.
- Leadership of cross functional teams to resolve specific problems.
- Create and maintain electrical and controls drawings.
- Assist operations, maintenance, EHS, and other departments as required.
Skills and experiences required:
- Bachelor of Science required; Chemical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of DCS and PLC hardware and programming.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in engineering principals with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with process simulation, heat and mass transfer, thermodynamics, kinetics, and the design of safety relief systems for new and existing systems preferred.
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry preferred.
- Experience working with PSM covered processes preferred.
- Ability to solve process problems and improve productivity.
- General PC skills, familiarity and proficiency in MS Project and other MS Office applications preferred.
- Self-starter with a drive and desire to managing multiple projects from start to completion with effective and competitive results.
- Proven leadership with multi-functional task-oriented teams. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Customer focused – responsive to the internal and external customers.
- A creative thinker with a proven track record of learning from both success and failures.
- Negotiable Salary based off experience
- 401(k) company match, dollar-for-dollar up to 4% with immediate vesting
- 401(k) 6% company contribution (i.e., FREE MONEY!) with immediate vesting
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, etc. benefits with day one eligibility
- Paid Vacation
- 40 Hours of Paid Personal Time
- 9 Paid Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays