Current Job Openings
Climate and Energy Project Manager
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to join their rapidly expanding team. The company is a fully intergraded, sustainable energy provider to high education and healthcare campuses, cities, and communities. In each community, the company operates highly efficient and innovative utility infrastructures that produce and distribute electricity, steam, hot water and/or chilled water to customer building and campuses.
The Climate and Energy Project Manager will play a key role in working with an experienced campus and community energy provider team on transformational energy and water solutions that incorporate an ethic of environmental care, financial responsibility, and social equity. This is a permanent hire opportunity, conducting work in a hybrid model working between the office, home, and occasional travel to system locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as technical lead and project manager working with systems in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, including decarbonization strategies and solutions
- Develop and conduct energy modeling- related projects including GHG inventories (Scopes 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3), analysis of emissions reductions levers (e.g., energy efficiency measures, options for green power purchasing, onsite renewables) and estimating financial costs and impacts
- Support development of climate change strategy and action planning, modeling, and setting of science-based targets
- Support the evaluation and development of internal carbon pricing projects for system customers.
- Collaborate with team members across the U.S.A. as well as external stakeholders to execute system modernization and climate resilience projects, including efficiency offerings
- Support climate-related supply chain advisory and reporting efforts (when applicable)
- Project manage technical studies and support system master plans for company's decarbonization planning and engineering efforts
- Improve system performance and efficiencies, and report to leadership and system customers.
- Travel the various system locations across the USA.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in engineering, economics, geology, or other relevant disciplines. Master of Science or Professional Engineer preferred
- Additionally 1 year experience in energy modeling, climate change consulting or a related industry position with technical competence in greenhouse gas emissions accounting, management and reporting
- Experience with project management, synthesizing information, client relationships, etc.
- Proven experience in identification and application of energy-savings, operational efficiency, performance measurement, capital budgeting and financing principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable North American codes, regulations, design standards, municipal purchasing policies and contract administration
- Experience and confidence to lead and grow business in a dynamic market environment
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think innovatively, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions
- Must be comfortable working in confined mechanical spaces
- Strong knowledge and experience with the MS Office suite including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in the clean energy transition
- Strong base salary
- Full medical benefits
If this opportunity sounds of any interest to you, please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com