Current Job Openings
Our client is a Global supply chain company providing transportation, logistics, materials handling, and other industrial services. They are looking for a Construction Manager to support multiple projects across the US. The position could be based anywhere in the US but will require regular travelling to multiple sites.
This is a long-term opportunity with a very competitive package.
This successful candidate will be responsible to oversee and manage day-to-day construction onsite at project locations, supporting the needs of the project, project managers, while also ensuring safety, quality craftsmanship, budget adherence and on-time completions. Responsible for supervising and directing Contractors at work site(s). Reads and interprets blueprints, orders materials, oversees all construction and demolition, and also performs administrative tasks.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Manage sub-contractors on a day-to-day level
- Manage 3-week look ahead schedules from contractors
- Manage the general job site responsibilities
- Work closely with the project manager and other support services to achieve objectives
- Use experience and pro-active attitude to anticipate and resolve potential issues
- Ensure proper safety and regulatory procedures are implemented and followed
- Represent company in all interactions (customer, contractor, community, etc.)
- Help ensure a quality, timely, and on budget deliverable of construction project
- Ability to track, plan, and manage a budget, schedule, and workforce
- Direct Contractors at work site
- Assign and delegates work in accordance with project needs
- Perform inspections at work site ensuring applicable code and regulation compliance
- Assistance in Estimating budgets for jobs
- Order materials as directed
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and specifications
- Improve production efficiency
- Work with engineers, architects, and customers
- Assist in Selecting Contractors and Manage contractors
- Assess additional labor needs
- Oversee progress of individual projects
- Deliver reports including daily and weekly summaries, JSH, Site training
- Review contractor schedules,
- Conduct technical studies and research as necessary
- Review and design changes, coordinate with Project manager
- Perform constructability assessments and other spot engineering studies
- Demonstrated experience in Construction Management in multi disciplines (civil, structural, piping, mechanical).
- Minimum of 8 years application work experience (industrial/plant applications, projects >$500k)
- Familiarity with processes and operational practices of heavy industries such as rail, transportation, power, mining, refineries, mineral processing, marine, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with materials handling is a strong plu.
- Experience with industrial applications and industrial trades (piping, steel, concrete, etc)
- Must be Drug Free, pass 10 panel testing and able to pass a criminal background test and general physical
- Ability to obtain TWIC, BOP(s) as required
- A solid and stable work history
- Participate in company safety program and to contribute to company's culture of Safety
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, Oracle, etc.)
- Committed to see that the job gets done correctly and by the correct means
o Enthusiasm and optimism in a construction environment – must exhibit a “positive attitude”
o Ability to organize and prioritize in a complex and competing priorities
o Excellent communication skills
o Calmness under Pressure, diffuse situations
o Problem solving skills
Refinery experience is a plus
Compensation: Rate $75.00 - $85.00 hourly DOE
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer