Current Job Openings
The Facility Engineer must understand current operating conditions and long-term equipment integrity concerns to meet the operational objectives of the plant. Assure compliance with pressure equipment regulations and applicable industry and company codes, standards, and recommended practices.
They prepare guidelines for the sites, advise on inspection results, and oversee new installations and repairs to ensure the company and local standards are met. This individual will work closely with the plant's PEI Inspectors, maintenance, reliability, and process engineering staff.
The California manufacturing plants are two separate facilities producing refining and ethylene oxide catalysts. The successful candidate will join a small but knowledgeable technical staff that is responsible for helping to deliver Technology growth ambition.
- Apply knowledge of fundamental corrosion and other degradation mechanisms to design new and maintenance of existing equipment.
- Oversee defined programs for sustaining pressure equipment integrity.
- Perform technical evaluations of bids of Pressure Vessels and API Storage Tanks
- Assist Pressure Equipment Inspectors in analyzing collected data from inspection events as needed.
- Support the reliability engineer regarding any equipment repairs required at the site.
- Oversee vessel repairs on an as needed basis.
- Support investigations on all failures of equipment to determine the cause or suspected cause.
- Working knowledge of applicable vessel and tank codes, standards, and recommended practices
- Provide technical expertise and collaborate with consultants/specialists through contracted services on equipment specification and selection, equipment maintenance, and implementation of modern technologies.
- Work with maintenance to create equipment repair plans as needed.
- Assist in defining Turnaround work scopes.
- Provides technical assurance on MOCs for pressure equipment, piping, or other mechanical equipment.
- Support site project needs, including small project design, temporary facilities, and oversite of construction work.
- Lead small projects related to equipment, vessel, and piping replacement.
- Support the evaluation and remediation of civil/structural issues.
- Work with the plant's Electrical and Instrumentation staff on any electrical system remediations.
- Participate in facility/area audits (safety, environmental, operational, measurement, etc.) as required and complete engineering-related tasks that result from these assessments.
- Participate in design reviews, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, HEMP studies, ITPs, and PSSRs
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS degree in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years of related Manufacturing Industry experience, Petrochemical or Refinery experience preferred.
- Familiar with API vessel codes.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Lead peer groups of multi-discipline teams
- Experience with fact-based decision-making and root cause analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skill in working with teams to achieve a common goal.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance short and long-term reliability initiatives.
- Models initiative-taking and effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Can present complex topics in simple and understandable terms.
- Must be able to pass a background and Hair follicle drug test