Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has a long-term job opportunity for an IT Support Analyst at a local Refinery in Northern California. Local Candidates only. Drug testing and background required. Onsite, not remote
The IT Support Analyst will provide technical support to business users at the Refinery, midstream, and other refinery offices in the San Francisco support area. This is an entry level desktop support position that will be responsible for troubleshooting, managing, monitoring, and providing hands on support for desktop computers, iPad and iPhones, and assisting users with common office applications. The role will report to the San Francisco IT Area Lead and will participate in corporate technical knowledge sharing/best practice network teams.
- Providing reliable and efficient end user support for personal computing environments and critical business applications.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating build, application, and system performance issues.
- Building and maintaining relationships with technical partners in the business.
- Coordinating resources and suppliers to complete projects and work requests.
- Collaborating with central infrastructure and Regional Infrastructure Analyst to assist with hardware refresh activities.
- Able to identify process improvements and propagate best practices.
- Optimize IT service delivery by improving reliability, efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness of defined components of services while following corporate standards and safety practices.
- Providing as network infrastructure maintenance and support.
- Track and maintain IT hardware.
- Maintain service delivery while following safety practices.
- Maintaining documentation of supported systems.
- Able to actively participate in an after-hours (call-out) schedule in support of critical systems and infrastructure.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience in applicable Information Technology discipline
- 1 or more years of direct experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Proven ability and willingness to provide day-to-day and after-hours support (24x7) as appropriate
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in the refinery around process equipment
- Compliance with refinery safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
- Able to lift computer equipment that weighs up to 30 lbs. from the floor and safely carry up 4 flights of stairs
- Able to bend, stoop, or crawl under furniture to connect wiring
- Able to bend to pick up equipment and load pull cart
- Able to lift an individual item weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Able to push/pull equipment on a cart of up to 100 lbs.
- Able to climb 4 or more flights of stairs to access field hardware
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
Preferred but not required:
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
3 or more years of experience in Information Technology discipline
2 or more years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, iPhones or iPads, and/or meeting place technologies
Ability to create an environment of inclusiveness and foster communication
Ability to engender trust and confidence
Active learner with good business knowledge
Ability to influence individuals and groups
Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and results driven effort
Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks concurrently
Proven discipline in following operational standards and processes
Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Proven verbal and written communication skills for direct customer interaction
Proven ability to master and apply advanced and specialized technical training
Proven ability to work well with business, and local and remote IT resources
Proven ability to deliver on commitments
Safety Certification and Training Requirements