To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Work with Safety as a top priority and actively support the company goal of establishing a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
• Ensure 100% environmental compliance in all work activities and follow company's environmental rules and regulations.
• Provide primary support and execution of electrical and controls maintenance to the roofing manufacturing lines and ancillary equipment/systems.
• Troubleshoot programming and system faults for plant equipment and modify existing programs to improve sequencing, add/modify/remove alarms, and aide in improved troubleshooting and error response within the plant PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems.
• Perform work as an Industrial Electrician within electrical panels, systems, and wiring up to 480V. Individual will be required to become certified as a Level 1 Electrician at the facility and meet all requirements for achieving and maintaining that certification.
• Support and execute equipment calibration, programming installation and updates, and machine setup.
• Collaborate with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel to resolve problems.
• Review and update/redline system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics.
• Review and analyze operational data to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
• Maintain critical environmental and process control systems.
• Perform Industrial Maintenance activities as required, both as planned & scheduled work and as emergency/urgent production line support, troubleshooting, and repair.
• May occasionally be asked to perform ‘on call' responsibilities.
• High school diploma or GED required. Technical Degree in Industrial Electrical, Controls, or Automation-based fields is strongly preferred.
• 4-5 years of related experience and/or training is required. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with less experience may be considered for a lesser role with the intent of advancing to this role after specific training and experience requirements are met.
• Open to Shift work (12-hour shifts rotating between Days & Nights)
• Experience and proficiency working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V required.
• Experience maintaining industrial automation processes utilizing Siemens 505 or S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector Drives, and/or Wonderware is preferred.
• Knowledge of database and word processing software, as well as experience navigating in internet browsers and other similar systems. Drafting experience in Computer Automated Design software such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor a plus; however, not required.
• Experience working in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
• Certified or able to become certified to operate multiple kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts and man/personnel lifts.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical systems and around/near energized electrical systems while following necessary safety procedures and wearing appropriate PPE.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping. The employee must be able to inspect equipment and detect equipment malfunctions, as well as utilize tools to repair and maintain equipment.
• Employees may be exposed to fumes, odors, and airborne particles. PPE will be required as necessary. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and hearing protection is provided and required to be worn at all times while working in the facility.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.