Current Job Openings
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
This position is part of the quality control group of a manufacturing site in Pittsburg, California. Analytical results of intermediate and finished products are used to determine if the process is in control and that finished goods meet specifications. The person in this position will be an integral part of the ISO 9001 process and involved in critical tasks to maintain ISO 9001 certification.
LOCAL Candidates only
Rotational Shifts with differential pay
Pay rate: $28 - $32 hr. DOE
- Support Goal Zero and HSSE performance
- Actively support site HSSE policies and incentive programs
- Laboratory Duties
- Sample preparation and analysis of intermediate and finished products using various analytical methods. Tests may include Porosimetry, Surface Area, Metals analysis, moisture analysis, and wet Chemistry.
- Perform data entry into the laboratory information system database and communicate results to manufacturing. Completion of all logs and records related to sample analysis.
- Monitor the inventory of chemicals and supplies in the laboratory.
- Maintain analytical equipment including routine cleaning, parts replacement, and general routine maintenance. Completion of all logs and records related to equipment maintenance.
- Maintain records of equipment PM maintenance and calibrations.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 a plus
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9001-2015 and all quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- May participate in the system as an auditor.
- Participate in review and development of procedures.
The ability to multi-task and time management skills are essential for success in this position. Running multiple analyses/instruments at once is a requirement. The position requires the ability to work effectively with other team members and work groups.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- College degree with science background and/or 1+ years of experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Previous experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with ISO systems or working knowledge of ISO systems is preferred.
- Computer literacy is a must and includes basic working knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have good organization and time management skills as well as the ability and desire to learn new skills.
- The ability to multi-task is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Manage Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
Interpretation of analytical results
Self-Motivated / taking initiative.
Team Effectiveness Skills
Current drivers License
Must past a background check
Participate in a random drug testing program
Benefits: PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO if approved by client.
Interested? Contact Terri VanDeVeire on 925-363-8233 or via email at Terri.VanDeVeire@PTSadvance.com f
or a confidential discussion.
'PTS Advance is an equal opportunity Employer'