Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has a great opportunity for a Lab Technician in a Refinery setting. No degree required. Refinery experience a must.
Long term contract located in Rodeo, Ca. Local candidates only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field sample collection: Drive in a company provided vehicle to collect samples from various areas of the plant.
- Carbon coke measurements (Precise weight of raw materials, operate mixing equipment, sieves operation to separate materials by size, preform press, hot press, scorch oven, grinding, etc.)
- Carbon coke quality control. (Size, Compressibility, Hardness, Density, sulfur content, etc.)
- Proper management and Inventory check of samples
- Preventative maintenance & cleanliness of lab.
- Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
- Knowledge of solids and powder material testing procedures and requirements. (not mandatory. Will train)
- Capable of safely operating grinders, high temperature ovens and metrology tools such as micrometers, weighing scales, calipers, and dial indicators. (not mandatory. Will train)
- Capable of making repeatable measurements utilizing digital scales, sieves and other analytical instruments (not mandatory. Will train)
- Able to operate lab equipment with software control systems and entering results in lab information management system (LIMS). (not mandatory. Will train)
- Able to use common hand tools in a safe and appropriate manner. (not mandatory. Will train)
- Safe work habits with an emphasis on delivering quality data.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive work habits.
- Reliable team worker.
- Arriving on time for work. (Punctual)
- Valid Driver License
- Able to clear a drug screen and background check
Education and Experience:
At least high school graduate or GDE equivalent.
The environment is in a laboratory setting with extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, utilizing hand tools, crouching, kneeling, bending over, lifting objects up to and including 35 lbs. Noise level is moderate.
Some operations will place the candidate in a work environment with carbon dust. Ability to pass a respirator "fit test' and wear a respirator for extended periods of time while performing the job function is required.
Limit the exposure of other work areas to dust by establishing work habits which minimize the amount of dust generation.
- Regular lifting (30-40 lbs.) of test parts is required.
- Ability to pass a respirator "fit test'
Position type and expected hours of work:
- Full Time Contract Position. 40 hours per week.
- 8-hour shift, Day shift 7:00AM to 4:00 PM
- Monday to Friday (Additional work outside of these hours may be required infrequently and will be compensated at overtime rate)