Current Job Openings
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. They operate an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a MOC COORDINATOR who has experience with Administration & Audit of MOC Processes in their Los Angeles, CA refinery.
Administer the eMOC Process
? Review all new eMOCs ? assure Process Unit / Description are properly identified for issue or work with originator to correct/delete.
? Review all Emergency/Urgent MOC and assure emergency process is followed.
? Determine what Process Safety Information (PSI) will change and needs to be available before the MOC startup as RMP/PSM approval for all eMOCs.
? Monitor the progress of active eMOCs
? Send e-mail reminders to responsible parties/SME for
- missing evaluations and approvals that are required for MOC to proceed in a timely manner,
- incorrectly worded closure items (i.e. 'to be done', will be conducted, etc.)
- missing post-startup actions required for closure and
- missing prestart-up PSI (redlined) that needs to be with eMOC attachments
? Review the Temporary (Type 1-7) Repair MOCs on the 'Return to Normal' tracking list to determine if expiration dates have been exceeded.
? Manage Type 8 Temp MOCs which have exceeded their expiration date and update the MOC status as informed by Unit Engineer/Process Supervisor and maintain a record of the requests.
? Provide monthly metric reports of open eMOCs status which include the following:
- eMOCs approved for startup each month including eMOC Reference #, Unit, Responsible Person, date of startup approval, and remaining post-startup actions.
- Number of permanent eMOCs past due and remaining actions required to close the eMOCs;
- The number of eMOCs closed and opened during the month;
- MOC statistics such as number of eMOCs active by year initiated, total number of eMOCs active that are not temp repairs or Type 8 temp MOCs, number of past due temp repair and Type 8 MOCs, and results of eMOC audits.
? Audit review for completeness includes the following:
- All required evaluations were properly closed and required redlined Process Safety Information is properly attached;
- All Post-startup actions were closed within 90 days of PSSR date
- The PSSR form is properly completed, all signatures are in place and completed form is attached to MOC.
- All prestart-up PSI are properly closed with no open-ended questions
- If required, HAZOP recommendations and closure statements are located in the MOC folder.
- H&S evaluations have been completed.
- Evaluate MOC"s against refinery eMOC metrics such as 90 days for closure after PSSR and report any deficiencies to PSM Manager and for persons with past due actions.
- Emergency/Urgent MOC process is followed.
- Ensure all applicable documentation are attached (Training evidence, redlined drawings, procedures, deferral forms, etc.)
- Before final signoff, perform one last eMOC Closure Audit and document any findings for communicating deficiencies; work with applicable personnel to resolve any remaining issues.
Provide Technical Guidance and Maintain eMOC Personnel Assignments
* Assist originators on completing new eMOCs and approvers who have problems accessing the eMOC system.
* Provide training to new users of the eMOC system.
* Assure that MOCs that are in Accept folder are ready for release, accept new eMOCs and assign evaluation/approval dates and assignees,
* Add new eMOC users to the system and change assignments for new or re-assigned eMOC evaluators. Validate quarterly MOC users survey.
* Assist Unit Engineers/Process Supervisors on addressing eMOCs due during the current month including whether a PSSR is needed or to extend the target closure date.
Provide monthly MOC metric data report. Analyze positive / negative trends.
Evaluate options for improvements to eMOC databases and proposed changes
Update and communicate changes of SME checklists
Monthly visit control rooms and identify and remove any out-of-date eMOC related documents.
Maintain organized records of all eMOC requests for audit purposes (PSSR, Emergency MOCs, Temp Repair valid date change requests, MOC assignments
Review and provide recommended changes to eMOC Guidance Document and LAR MOC and PSSR Policies & Procedures.
High School diploma with Technical School Training in related field experience in construction and/or related field
Specific Skills: Basic computer skills or capable of learning to use computer? Understanding of basic math and print interpretation helpful
Must be able to write effectively
Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k program, direct deposit and more.
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now OR email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration!