Current Job Openings
Our client provides full multi-discipline engineering, design, project management, procurement, and project management services to the refining and petrochemical industries.
They are currently looking for a Piping Designer Workgroup Lead in Concord, CA.
Hybrid position (3 days in the office/2 days work form home).
Long term contract with the opportunity to go direct.
The Piping Designer Work Group Lead works closely with the Project Manager and/or Engineer during all phases of a project. This position manages large or multiple projects, is responsible for maintaining project schedule and budgets, estimates and status projects using the client's Project Services (PSE) and Progress Tracking program, organizes and schedules work and resources, involves self in all aspects of process piping design, performs Equipment and Piping layout, is involved in all levels of complexity for Piping Checking, and is responsible to produce all documents and drawings required to: fabricate pipe spools, purchase materials, and assemble piping systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with the project leads in the program to ensure that senior layout reviews are taking place and that all checking procedures are performed according to the guidelines provided by the client quality system (PSQS).
- APP and PSE approval (projects under 1000 hours).
- Evaluate personnel and write performance reviews.
- Coordinate issues relating to projects within the program with the program Manager and the Resource Manager.
- Work closely with the Resource Manager to manage manpower requirements.
- Administer design resources within the program:
- Determine and prioritize manpower requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that accurate tracking is taking place on all projects.
- Review and approve timesheets.
- Work with all other work group leads in evaluating new projects:
- Provide design support through the completion of the Feasibility and Conceptual phases of the project.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and/or Engineer during all phases of a project.
- Have an understanding and status knowledge of all current piping projects on the program.
- Piping Checking as required
- Provide Technical Leadership:
- Be the authority on the clients design and specifications, standards, procedures and preferences.
- Organize and maintain the documentation listed above and make it readily available to all designers.
- Ensure the uniform presentation, design and execution of all projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication, organization, and computer skills (Microsoft software)
- 3D modeling design experience in CADworx
- Applicant should be motivated, have good analytical skills, and enjoy working in a challenging team environment.
- Able to provide project design on all sizes of projects (small to complex) from conception through detailed design.
- Demonstrates ability to design retrofits in congested operating areas.
- Finished product meets all safety in design requirement and is easily operable and maintainable.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A.A.S. or higher in engineering or related discipline
- 8-25 years experience in process pipe design in hydrocarbon service, including layout, production piping and checking
Compensation: Rate $65.00 - $77.00 hourly DOE
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration! You can email your resume to Colton.Birch@PTSadvance.com, or call 949-268-4055.