Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has an immediate need for a CWI Inspector (Pressure equipment) in Martinez and Pittsburg, California. Must have current API 510 & API 570 certifications and 3 or more years of refinery or chemical plant inspection experience. This position is temp to perm. Local Candidates highly desirable. No relocation offered. The primary function of the (CWI) Pressure equipment Inspector is to assure the integrity, safety, and reliability of the pressure equipment in their assigned area(s). The pressure equipment inspector is responsible for planning, scheduling, executing, and documenting inspections of pressure equipment, tankage, relief valves, and process piping at the Martinez and Pittsburg manufacturing sites. In addition, the inspector is responsible for the execution of the fugitive emissions program at both locations.
The plant has a mature pressure equipment inspection program; the PEI inspector will have to develop the Pittsburg site. The inspector will support both sites from a dedicated office at the Martinez facility. The Pittsburg plant is 15 miles east of Martinez. The successful candidate may be required to travel infrequently to other parts of the country for training.
The Inspector's duties include inspection, documentation, surveillance, and repair recommendations.
- Understand the requirements and concepts of Non-Destructive evaluation and apply appropriate NDE practices and methods to obtain relevant information.
- Be familiar with basic corrosion and other degradation mechanisms and their effect on equipment.
- Inspect and monitor the equipment's condition to detect corrosion or other physical phenomena that may lead to an unsafe condition, failure of the equipment, or deterioration of its intended function based on the relevant API codes and corporate standards.
- Perform basic inspection tasks such as conducting examinations, taking physical measurements, evaluating inspection results, including basic NDE data, and developing recommendations for future inspections, repair, and replacement.
- Inspect all non-pressure retaining components that affect the integrity of the pressure equipment, including, but not limited to, foundations, fireboxes, burners, stacks, dampers, structural members, spring hangers, etc.
- Investigate all failures of pressure equipment to determine the cause or suspected cause
- Be familiar with concepts of Risk Based Inspection methodology. Maintain and execute the Risk Based Inspection Plan based on site corrosion reviews.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records on the inspection and maintenance of each piece of pressure equipment, including the recording of inspection measurements and observations.
- Set intervals for Pressure Equipment (vessels, columns, piping, exchangers, tanks, etc.) and execute all field inspections within the required next inspection dates.
- Maintain schedules for internal, external, non-intrusive, and corrosion inspections for all equipment showing the interval and next inspection date.
- Provide essential quality assurance during equipment fabrication, alteration, and repair.
- Overview and foster the maintenance contractor's quality control process.
- Possess a working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and recommended practices, and be capable of finding information relevant to a particular issue.
- Schedule and facilitate required third-party inspections.
- Interface with inside and outside auditors
- Develop standard practices with the maintenance department for specific activities, i.e., gasket selection, NDE in lieu of pressure testing, etc.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School / GED
- Current API 510 & API 570 certifications
- API 653 certification is strongly desirable.
- 3 or more years of refinery or chemical plant inspection experience
- Knowledge of IMS (Inspection Management System) is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skill in working with teams to achieve a common goal.
- Can present complex topics in simple and understandable terms.
- Must pass a background and drug test