Current Job Openings
Process Control Engineer
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Thursday
- Estimated Start Date: ASAP
- Contract to Direct
A Process Control Engineer is an integral position in the Vicksburg Mill's Maintenance and Engineering Department, reporting directly to the Process Control Engineering Manager.
This position is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing process control strategies to support new and existing processes to include process efficiency improvements and optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
- Selecting and approving hardware and software designs for new process automation projects.
- Considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future manufacturing environment.
- Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance employees.
- Train operators and maintenance personnel on new control functions.
- Assist technical groups with process improvement activities.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations.
- Responsible for business continuity of process control systems through documentation, training and management-of-change process.
- Sharing the responsibility for providing weekend and off-hour support for all Process Control mill needs.
- Managing equipment Obsolescence plans with migration paths to maintain reliability of DCS process equipment.
- An Engineering or Technical degree is required with 2-3+ years' experience as a process control engineer. Experience in other manufacturing/engineering positions will be considered. Paper mill experience is preferred.
- Must have experience with control loop tuning, performance evaluation tools and process data historians (i.e. Entech, OSISoft PI, and Parcview).
- Experience in coordination and implementation with new and upgraded DCS installations/startups is required.
- Proficiency in configuration and programming on the following DCS platforms: Siemens APACS with ProcessSuite Graphics, Win CC Graphics, Siemens PCS, Allen Bradley PLC-5/SLC-500 with RSView/PanelView HMI, G.E. Mark VI with Cimplicity Graphics is preferred.
- Familiarity with the following DCS platforms, Siemens DRC, and experience in control strategies related to Recovery and Power Boilers, Steam/Gas Turbines, Power Generation, Pulping and Chemical Recovery processes are desirable.
- Process knowledge of Continuous Digesters, Lime Kiln and Caustic Plants, Recovery and Power Boilers, Paper Machines, Power Generation, and Waste Water Treatment are also desirable.
Process Controls Engineer