Current Job Openings
Our client is one of America's largest suppliers of biodiesel. They also have one of the industry's broadest and deepest talent pools of biofuels expertise. They are currently looking for a Program Director, Refinery Capital Projects that will plan, monitor, and manage capital projects from initiation through completion.
This candidate will lead resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management. The lead project manager will ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost in addition to schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- Successfully manage and execute construction capital projects, providing direction and oversight throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create and implement comprehensive project execution strategy to include schedule, budget, procurement, resources, quality, risks, change control and communications
- Collaborates with a variety of organizational stakeholders to vet resources estimates, schedules, project financials, environmental/health/safety impacts, project feasibility, or technical reviews as deemed necessary based on assigned project portfolio.
- Oversees scopes of work, project plans, cost estimates, schedules, and other required documentation to help with the process of project identification and evaluation in coordination with other team members.
- Responsible for identification of risk factors and risk ranking of threats posed to project's success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment; develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Works with supply chain group during the bidding process; evaluating all cost estimates for accuracy and choosing appropriate contractor/vendors, resolving contract disputes and any applicable contractor and inspector issues/disputes.
- Collaborates with the team on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management, etc.) so that project resources are optimized to achieve established objectives.
- Leading the development of major projects through the definition phase, assembling development teams and securing any OPEX funds needed for development
- Chairing on-site project development review meetings providing clarity to assurance requirements and certifying project development phase gates
- Participating in Steering Committee updates representing the enterprise PMO during the development of refinery projects
- Engaging RLT and corporate leadership for the identification of resources required to support the development of projects
- Validating the project scope and execution plan of projects prior to approval for funding (AFE) and identifying value engineering opportunities
- Verifying project objectives have been met during project close out activities and supporting the collection of lessons learned for project development
- Cascading knowledge and best practices to all capital projects teams at the different refinery locations and enhancing collaboration among all project teams
Qualifications - Education, Skills, & Experience
- At least 10 years of commercial construction related experience, including ground-up sites
- Experience in refinery or petrochemicals plant design and operations
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the ability to derive the most efficient method of completing tasks
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required
- PMP Certification desired
- Minimum 15 years of combined engineering management, construction management or project management experience
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!