Current Job Openings
Our client provides full multi-discipline engineering, design, project management, procurement, and project management services to the refining and petrochemical industries.
-Seeking an Electrical Engineer Workgroup Lead/Senior Electrical Engineer in Concord, CA.-
-Hybrid position (3 days in the office/2 days work form home).
-Long term contract (+/-1 year) with the opportunity to go direct.
The Electrical Engineer Workgroup Lead is responsible for interfacing between the client's Program Group and Electrical Resource Group structures and leading the electrical staff assigned to the particular Program for which you are the Workgroup Lead.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reports to the client Program Manager on matters related to project. Reports to the Electrical Resource Manager on matters related to workload and quality.
- Responsible for new project scoping and development, and proposal input, within the Program.
- Responsible for the technical work performed within the Program.
- Assigns staff (within electrical work group) to various projects within the Program.
- Uses the client's software tools to report on work status, forecasting, and schedule.
- Responsible for project quality for projects within the Program.
- Interfaces with client counterparts for clients within the Program.
- Provides single point of accountability for all work within the Resource Group conducted within the Program.
- Works with other technical resource groups and project management to develop project front-end documentation, including project execution plans, estimates, and schedules.
- Interfaces with client counterparts to align technical design with client requirements and criteria.
- Develops and fosters working relationships with clients for business development purposes.
- Prepares detailed design of projects in compliance with governing codes, regulatory requirements and client standards.
- Performs calculations of fault currents, electrical demand load, voltage drop, conduit and feeder sizing, heat trace sizing.
- Completes electrical documentation, including single lines, area classification development, plan drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, technical specifications, and construction scopes of work.
- Works package checking and quality control.
- Performs field surveys to validate existing conditions and determine parameters for new designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional registration strongly encouraged but not required.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft applications.
- Experienced in project scoping, estimating, and detailed electrical design.
- Software experience: Electrical Modeling software (SKM, EZPower, and/or ETAP), application software such as lighting and heat trace design, and AutoCAD. AutoCAD is not required but a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as guide and lead other electrical engineering and design staff.
- Ability to self-check work products.
- Working understanding of the latest edition of the National Electrical Code.
- Capable of some travel.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a TWIC card. Information available at?www.tsa.gov/twic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- P.E. License
- 8-25 years' experience in design of industrial electrical power, distribution, area classification, schematics, grounding, lighting, and heat tracing systems.
- Able to sit/stand, type, and perform computer work for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands/fingers for computer entry.
- Able to perform occasional bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs if necessary.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs at heights as would be necessary for a field survey in a heavy industrial environment.
COMPENSATION: Rate $70.00 - $90.00 hourly (DOE)
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!