Current Job Openings
Our client is an American-based downstream petroleum company mostly involved in manufacturing and marketing transportation fuels, other petrochemical products, and power.
They are currently looking for a Technical Writer for a temporary contract in Wilmington, CA.
Objective: Producing high-quality Policy and Procedure (P&P) documentation in support of the safety department
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality policies and procedures in support of the Refinery Safety Department. They must work in a highly-collaborative way to produce P&P and job aides.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of existing P&P documents, governing corporate policies, and other existing documentation
- Prepare updates to current policies and procedures.
- Create and have approved a P&P format for all work product
- Collect and/or create exhibits, screen shots, or other reference elements for inclusion in P&P
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and consistency
- Compile information and create draft P&P documents using a managed comment and editing process
- Provide status updates on progress vs. plans
- Proven working experience in technical writing, specifically of business policies and procedures
- Proven ability to work independently with little daily direction
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp safety concepts and make them easily understandable in text and exhibits
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Compensation: Rate $35.00 - $50.00 hourly DOE
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer